Traded for a Gramip Sickle mower today....

/ Traded for a Gramip Sickle mower today.... #1  

Little General

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 w cab Kubota x1100c Kubota KX008 John Deere 4400 , JD TLB110
So, my neighbor is a junk man. He had a set of forks and a mini tamp for a mini skid steer that he got in a junk deal. I traded him a $300 well pump for both of them. I sold the forks for $200 and traded the tamp to a construction company for a 7' Gramip sickle mower. I know he paid $2800 for it last year thinking he could mow under his horse fence with it but it didn't work as well as he thought. Anyway it's mine now. I know its not the best mower for hay but I only have 14 acres and its a start on acquiring the equipment to do my own hay. So, I guess I have $100 in it. I can't find anything about it on the internet so I hope i don't need parts. I also can't try it out because my new Kubota L6060 hasn't arrived at the dealer yet. Susposed to be in port on 6-26-19. Have any of you brothers owned or seen one before?
sickle 1.jpgsickle 2.jpgsickle 3.jpgsickle4.jpg

Attachments

• sickle4.jpg
    sickle4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 292
   / Traded for a Gramip Sickle mower today.... #2  
   / Traded for a Gramip Sickle mower today.... #3  
So, my neighbor is a junk man. He had a set of forks and a mini tamp for a mini skid steer that he got in a junk deal. I traded him a $300 well pump for both of them. I sold the forks for $200 and traded the tamp to a construction company for a 7' Gramip sickle mower. I know he paid $2800 for it last year thinking he could mow under his horse fence with it but it didn't work as well as he thought. Anyway it's mine now. I know its not the best mower for hay but I only have 14 acres and its a start on acquiring the equipment to do my own hay. So, I guess I have $100 in it. I can't find anything about it on the internet so I hope i don't need parts. I also can't try it out because my new Kubota L6060 hasn't arrived at the dealer yet. Susposed to be in port on 6-26-19. Have any of you brothers owned or seen one before?
View attachment 610373View attachment 610374View attachment 610375View attachment 610376

It looks like an Enrossi under a different nameplate. I think it has double action cutting like most of the Italian sickle bars. You obviously stole it. Great find. If you get tired of it, let me know, and I'll give you your $100 back lol.

If it truly is a rebranded Enrossi, parts will be readily available. They are interchangeable across all the Italian sickles.

/ Traded for a Gramip Sickle mower today....
Thanks Jerry. Tractor Guy, I went to the Gramip website and its in Croatian, I think.

/ Traded for a Gramip Sickle mower today.... #5  
First thing I looked for was whether it had a pitman arm or wobble box, it has wobble box it appears so that means the you can mow at an angle if you want (try that with pitman arm and you will get some practice replacing said arm).. I have wanted one to mow on banks (sickle down angle with tractor sitting on top nice and level)... and over some ditches. Great trade, should work good for you.

Most of the time, the sickle sections are one of the standard sizes available most any farm supply store, belt(s) can be measured (might want to record any part numbers or information on the belt while it can be seen, sometimes hard to figure out after belt is worn out).

/ Traded for a Gramip Sickle mower today.... #6  
Little General, keep us informed as you find out more about the sickle mower. What a great find. It looks almost brand new from the pictures. Life is good for the general, a new L6060 coming and a like new attachment to try out.

/ Traded for a Gramip Sickle mower today....
TNHobbyfarmer, you are too kind. Thanks. Hopefully my tractor will be ready the week after the forth. I have been waiting for it since the first of May.

/ Traded for a Gramip Sickle mower today.... #8  
Thanks Jerry. Tractor Guy, I went to the Gramip website and its in Croatian, I think.

Yeah it says they are in Croatia but the web site is in english and their about page claims they have presence in the USA. Won't hurt to send them an email and see if they can lead you in the right direction for a manual and parts.

"The factory is present on markets of Europe, Scandinavia and the USA"

gramip@gramip.hr