Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,981  
Thanks! I'll ice it and that helps for a bit, then something aggravates it again. Thinking I might need a cortisone shot.

I was a framing carpenter back in the day before nail guns. Swung a 22 ounce hammer all day. When my elbow finally started to bother I started to wear one of those neoprene tennis elbow sleeves similar to this

Solved my problem. Whenever the pain would reoccur I would wear it for a while until I felt normal then it might be 6 months before I needed it again. Finally I just wore it all the time. The support felt good.

gg

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,982  
I was a framing carpenter back in the day before nail guns. Swung a 22 ounce hammer all day. When my elbow finally started to bother I started to wear one of those neoprene tennis elbow sleeves similar to this

Solved my problem. Whenever the pain would reoccur I would wear it for a while until I felt normal then it might be 6 months before I needed it again. Finally I just wore it all the time. The support felt good.

gg

gg
Appreciate the tip! I am going to give it a try

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,983  
Mr. Jstpssng, what did you typically have to do for the boundary line maintenance work?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,984  
Mr. Jstpssng, what did you typically have to do for the boundary line maintenance work?

I was only working on existing lines.
Generally we would brush a 3-5 fòot swath down the line, respot and paint it.
A lot of people now are using chainsaws to spot the lines. They end up with a bigger spot which shows up better and lasts longer.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,985  
Sawyer Rob, I also thought that looked like poison ivy growing up that big old oak. Luckily I won’t break out looking at pictures of it. Some people are immune.
I am and a few people I know are also . . . I always thought that more people were immune to it . . . I guess my thoughts were wrong . . . good to know.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,986  
I am and a few people I know are also . . . I always thought that more people were immune to it . . . I guess my thoughts were wrong . . . good to know.
I was immune, but not any more.
Years ago on a landscaping job, we were at a house where the caretaker showed our boss a new vine he had just potted. She told us that it was poison ivy and to get rid of it, so we threw it into the back of the dump truck with all of the other debris. As soon as she left I looked at my coworker and he looked at me and agreed "we can't throw this old guy's plant out."
So I jumped up into the truck, pulled it out and put it back where it came from.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,987  

gg

gg
I also framed for a few decades. First guy I worked for put you on cutting duty if you couldn’t pound a 12P galvy in 3 hits consistently.
I liked my Estwings. I preferred a 28oz mill face, but the steel shaft does get to the elbow after many years.
Nail guns took over everywhere by the 90’s and I was a happy man for it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,989  
Have a 22oz smooth face and 28oz mill face in my truck!
Love the “ting” of the Estwing.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,990  
WOW, are we just a bunch of old guys on here?? Yes I'm 68 so I fit in, also have had both shoulders redone so I'm doing a bit less cutting and stuff right now. Lately been fighting Plantar facetious in one foot which has flared up my arthritis in my other foot/ankle. Finally getting well enough to go work again which is good because my little sawmill is getting hungry!
OH, and they just replaced the lens in my right eye yesterday for the second time in 3 months, so I'll have to wait just a little longer to get after it again!!