Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,711  
Full cord of split wood here is going to average of $350. And while the sellers claim is seasoned, it aint. lol
Well then you did get a good deal . . . (y)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,712  
Taking care of neighbors? (y)

I give it to anyone that wants to come load it. The rest I burn.
IMG_6298.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,713  
Wow, that's great. What would you consider "better wood?"

That load looks like maple that’s starting to get rotten. I try to only bring home oak for firewood. I was a little sad to see the tree guys had already bucked up this white oak. That was probably a veneer grade log.
IMG_5677.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,714  
That load looks like maple that’s starting to get rotten. I try to only bring home oak for firewood. I was a little sad to see the tree guys had already bucked up this white oak. That was probably a veneer grade log. View attachment 838695
It does look nice, damn . . .

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,715  
I give it to anyone that wants to come load it. The rest I burn.
I do that with Poplar here, I can't get anyone to put the work into cutting and splitting it. If I cut and split it, people will take it, but I am not going to that bother. Come spring we will have a big fire that will probably last a week.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,716  
Another marketplace score. $150 / cord. Still have about 3 loads to pick up
In 30+ years of fireplace/wood stove heating, I'm thankful to say I've NEVER had to pay for wood.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,717  
In 30+ years of fireplace/wood stove heating, I'm thankful to say I've NEVER had to pay for wood.
Same but I have spend a fortune on Saws, Splitter, tractors and maintenance/parts on those items 🍻 But have recovered more than the costs by selling wood to campers, while heating my house for free.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,718  
I was a little sad to see the tree guys had already bucked up this white oak. That was probably a veneer grade log.
That was my frustration when doing powerline maintenance. We'd cut down a nice, straight, clear hardwood or pine and chop it onto random sized pieces. Often they were off the R/W, I guess they could cut danger trees. I commented that the landowner might want them and that if it was my father he certainly would have picked them up; the response was "he's not going to come all of the way down here to get it." He also wasn't the landowner.

Then there was the time we were opening up for power into a new subdivision. I thought it was odd that the poles were going in back of the pins but what did I know. After about 3 days the owner came in with fire coming out of his ears... it was supposed to be a nice quaint subdivision, apparently with "magic" powering the houses because he didn't allow room for powerlines.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,719  
I cleared a 30' wide by 500' long swath up through an aspen grove for power to our property. Within a month I got a letter in the mail from a "save the aspens" group wanting to meet with me to explore ways to enhance my grove.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,720  
I cleared a 30' wide by 500' long swath up through an aspen grove for power to our property. Within a month I got a letter in the mail from a "save the aspens" group wanting to meet with me to explore ways to enhance my grove.
SAVE your aspens???? Huh, what, HUH?!?!? They are likely one of the least likely organisms which needs to be saved in the current ecological environment.

They make great waferboard though. 👍