Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,382  
Everybody has a different idea on what makes a good logging job. Most land owners want to see an unnatural neat and tidy area like a state park picnic area or the grounds of an estate so loggers are forced to 'clean up' in order attract new jobs and preserve a good reputation among landowners. I get that. But it is not the best way in the long run. I like to leave it like an natural occurrence happened like a fir blow down in this case. It is better for the total ecology of the land from fungi in the soil all the way up to trees and wildlife. Also keeps the soil partially shaded thus cooler and damper for better survival of regen.

View attachment 689809

gg
Good your fired, what a mess, should be chipped or pushed into brush piles for the poor little wabbits.........

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,383  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,385  
Assuming thats not styrofoam, thats a good lift, nice picture. The best thing Kubota did was put the exhaust down low on newer tractors, I'd have to re-rout that pipe or it would be knocked off in a week....
Thank you. I've hit the pipe a few times, it's pretty stout.
Nope, not foam. That was my first day of using the grapple and wanted to see what it and the little tractor could do. It sure felt like it had some more to give. Even with that big log, I was still able to curl it fully and lift it as high as I was comfortable with. That particular tree, the top 40' blew out of it and had some bad damage to the roots from black ants. It was to close to the folk's house, so it had to go.
This one (below) was up the street and around the corner. It was up-rooted by the wind. It is the second cut up the stem. I picked it up and brought it down the road (about = to 1/2 city block) over the fence posts and into the driveway. It was 31' long 10" on the slim side and 12" on the fat.
It covered the entire road width + both ditches on the sides.
31foot log01a.jpg

Needless to say I am VERY happy with the grapple and the B2150!

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,386  
Nope, not foam. That was my first day of using the grapple and wanted to see what it and the little tractor could do. It sure felt like it had some more to give. Even with that big log, I was still able to curl it fully and lift it as high as I was comfortable with. That particular tree, the top 40' blew out of it and had some bad damage to the roots from black ants. It was to close to the folk's house, so it had to go.
This one (below) was up the street and around the corner. It was up-rooted by the wind. It is the second cut up the stem. I picked it up and brought it down the road (about = to 1/2 city block) over the fence posts and into the driveway. It was 31' long 10" on the slim side and 12" on the fat.
View attachment 689915
(y)If I tried that next thing I'd know is a car coming. So whaddya do with all the softwood and how many hr on your tractor?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,388  
View attachment 689915
If my math is correct that's about 1/4 of a cord, weighing around 1200 lbs. Not a bad tree. I have spruce which taper from 12 inches down to 4 in that same length.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,389  
(y)If I tried that next thing I'd know is a car coming. So whaddya do with all the softwood and how many hr on your tractor?
It's on a dead end road, only 1 person walking on it at the time, his eyes were huge when he saw me. Fire wood. Seems there's never enough at one time to fill a log truck, so might as well get some heat out of it.
830ish hours on it when I got it last summer.
Impressive !!
Thank you!
If my math is correct that's about 1/4 of a cord, weighing around 1200 lbs. Not a bad tree. I have spruce which taper from 12 inches down to 4 in that same length.
That tree was probably 90'+ base to tip. The other pieces had been picked up for fire wood by a friend we told could have some before we got up there. This was at my mom's place.
We have 5 acres just down the road a bit.

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,390  
It's on a dead end road, only 1 person walking on it at the time, his eyes were huge when he saw me. Fire wood. Seems there's never enough at one time to fill a log truck, so might as well get some heat out of it.
830ish hours on it when I got it last summer.

Thank you!
:LOL: Have a wood splitter or going at it like Paul Bunyan?
I thought that tractor looked in good shape for being 30 years old.......