Buying Advice Tractors and LED's?

/ Tractors and LED's? #11  
Coming from Vermont I could see keeping the "hot" bulbs to ensure the snow melts.

You bring up a good point. A few yeas back (? i think) some cities had issues with traffic lights freezing over and not functioning because they went to leds. The incandescent bulbs used to provide heat and were never an issue. Now they had to install heaters. Much like we do inside switch-gear to keep arc chutes dry in our 13.8 / 4160 breakers.
So this may fall under the your mileage may vary category.
Hey we even got snow down here in the Shiner area what's up with that?
You guys need to keep it up there with yah'll! :D

/ Tractors and LED's? #12  
If tractors came with LED's from the factory then we couldn't have as much fun pimping them out with some sweet aftermarket light bars and such!

/ Tractors and LED's? #13  
If tractors came with LED's from the factory then we couldn't have as much fun pimping them out with some sweet aftermarket light bars and such!

I strongly second that.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

/ Tractors and LED's? #14  
New grasshopper mowers come with LED lights......my Boss Snow Plow comes with LED lights but they have little heaters on the lenses.

/ Tractors and LED's? #15  
New grasshopper mowers come with LED lights......my Boss Snow Plow comes with LED lights but they have little heaters on the lenses.
I believe my Kubota Z turn has optional LED lights but the kit was almost $200. And I don't mow at night! If I ever get the urge I will pimp out my mower like I did with my BX. Besides the light placement on the Z turn is very low and in front of my feet.

/ Tractors and LED's? #16  
Tractor lights that didn't suck regardless of the type would be nice. Rear facing lights that didn't suck would be nice. I've got a LED bar on the back of my truck and its very nice. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I flipped the light switch on the Kubota CTL it's got forward and rear facing lights bright enough to actually see what I'm doing.
I would be happy to have them mounted someplace which isn't susceptible to damage, yet completely useless if you are using the loader- especially since about the only thing I do after dark is plow snow.

/ Tractors and LED's? #17  
Last year on the McCormick, we put a 12inch led lightbar in between the two lights on the back of the cab. Helps a lot. Eventually I want to replace the rear factory cab lights with LED cube lights. The cubes would work better for mowing hay at night, but for the bush hogging and discing I've done using it, I love it. IMG_4051.JPGIMG_4051.JPGIMG_4051.JPG

/ Tractors and LED's? #18  
Last year on the McCormick, we put a 12inch led lightbar in between the two lights on the back of the cab. Helps a lot. Eventually I want to replace the rear factory cab lights with LED cube lights. The cubes would work better for mowing hay at night, but for the bush hogging and discing I've done using it, I love it. View attachment 543165View attachment 543165View attachment 543165

Oh, hey...you don't have to get the cube lights to replace the factor work lights. I actually opened the factory work lights on my Kubota and placed aftermarket LED bulbs that blaze the night in the housing.....Pretty neat setup. The Kubota factory housings for their cab tractors on the newer grands have a curve to them and are visually appealing....my old M6800 were just ugly squares and rectangles and a cube or circle led light would have been better.....so I worked pretty hard at maintaining the factory work lights on my Grand L....very satisfied with the power and looks.

2018-03-07 18.36.10.jpg2018-03-07 18.18.41.jpg

/ Tractors and LED's? #19  
My CUT is now all LED equipped, a light bar up front under roof overhang, 2 rear floods** for snow blowing, a strip* of flashing yellow LED's under rear roof overhang and I will replace the 'dome light' as soon as it gets warmer.
I even re wired the roof flashing beacon and dumped the sealed beams and motor.
To get LEDs to flash I use standard flasher and add a 10 watt 10 ohm resistor to load up the flasher thing and trick it to work.

Oh, and I blow snow and the LEDs get warm enough that they operate just fine, never have iced over.

*used 3M double sticky tape to adhere the strip.

** mounted the floods on 3" magnets so I can position as I want with advantage that no holes were needed.

/ Tractors and LED's? #20  
Factory LEDs sure would be nice. I had a chance to try and do some work via headlights on my RX6620 this past weekend and they were like two little flashlights shining directly at the back of the grapple :confused3: A light bar is definitely in my future!