Tractor will not shut off

/ Tractor will not shut off #11  
there's a little plastic plunger looking thing on the end of the shutoff sol check to see if is crushed. If it is the sol won't make enough contact to the injector pump to turn it off.

/ Tractor will not shut off #12  
These solenoids usually fail safe (closed) and the engine will not run. They need power to open so a bad connection or fuse would do the opposite and keep the tractor from running. I would not suspect the ignition switch if the other circuits are off with the switch as the hold coil is directly connected.

I would check for voltage at the solenoid with the key in the off position (As suggested by others). If the problem is intermittent the you may have to wait for the failure to check for voltage. Shut the motor down first so you don't risk injury from moving parts. I am not sure about the CK20 but the bigger machines have a dual coil solenoid. If this is the case be sure to check the voltage at each coil.

If voltage is present then the problem is electrical. Voltage at the hold coil would point to the ignition switch. Voltage at the pull coil points to either a stuck relay or bad display module. If there is no voltage then the problem is the solenoid.

The solenoid would be my blind guess and they are about $100 item number 26. I would call your dealer though to determine which one is correct for your tractor.

http://www.patspower.com/pages/oemp...80A/01-01|~CK20HS-M-ELECTRICAL/0101CK20HS0063

Tom

/ Tractor will not shut off #13  
Had the same thing on my Ck20, after a hour or so playing trned out to be the 20A timer fuse under the hood, the timer also runs the glow plugs, how it works is the fuel solenoid is allways open, when the key is turned off the timer starts and activates the solinoid fuel shut off.

Check the timer fuse

/ Tractor will not shut off #14  
Solonoid wres removed tractor still runs

/ Tractor will not shut off #15  
and indeed the tractor runs without solenoid, the solenoid only energizes to cut fuel not turn it on, its on a timer so when you turn off key it shuts off fuel and after a dwell releases