Tractor top

/ Tractor top #1  

Bud

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2400 & 1972 Economy Power King
Just put a top on my tractor to keep off the sun. Picked it up Thursday from a golf car supply for $25.00. It's 42" by 53". I put it on Saturday, so now all we have is rain. Is that luck, or what?
Bud

/ Tractor top #2  
Bud, I have an insulated steel canopy on my tractor; couldn't do without some kind of shade, but mine cost $295./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I'd say you did very well./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Tractor top #3  
How 'bout some details Bud. What brand of top, what kind of bracket did you use ect....I'd like to call around and see if I can find something like that too.

/ Tractor top #4  
Hear! Hear Bud! Post some details! Maybe my old L175/L1500 has enough spunk to haul one of them around, along with a new ROP's of course. My Son would get cranky running along trying to keep the old man in the shade.

/ Tractor top
scruffy Not a lot to tell about putting that roof on. I connected the back end to the ROPS and the front end is anchored to the front of the floor board. Have to bend two more u-bolts to support the roof part way from the rear, then I can take the front end supports off.
The roof is easy to work with, it has a piece of tubing about 11/16" x 1 1/4" all around the bottom of the roof that makes it very rigid and easy to work with.
The roof is 41" x 53".
Bud

/ Tractor top
scruffy, Don't know anything about a tractor top, in fact I can't recall ever seeing one on a tractor.
These roofs are from golf cars that was replaced when the golf cars are brought in for some repair. I asked why a good top is replaced, and they said it is looks. They get dirty or people write on them etc. They are not heavy. Hell I could pick a couple up with one hand and I'm about over the hill.
Bud

/ Tractor top #8  
Sure sounds like a good idea to me for a sunshade thats for sure. Must be nice to say replace this becuase it's dirty. Some people just have too much money or not enough of something else.
Gordon

/ Tractor top #9  
Gordon, I can see an ex neighbor of mine doing something like that. That guy bought a new 4 wheel drive Ford 3/4 every year. When he came home from work, he walked around his rigs to make sure no scratches got put on it. Wouldn't take it off the pavement, and fought off a herd of prospective buyers everytime he went to trade it in on a new one. Why? I've got a 95 Ram, that we bought new, its been with us in (living in) five different states, got washed in three of them! It's been washed around once a month since we've been here, and looks great, considering its mileage and all. Still good for another year or two.
I think I going golf cart top hunting!

/ Tractor top #10  
Bud, I don't suppose ya has a way to post a photo of that setup do's ya???

Lil' Paul

Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif