Tractor tires, sometimes to soon

/ Tractor tires, sometimes to soon #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
After 200 hrs. of hard use, my Galaxy front tires were all chewed up and the tread that was left wasn't much, so I decided to replace them with 7-16 Crop Max R-1 Ag Lug from m.e.Miller Tire. These tire's seem to have more tread shape which I like, most Ag tires I see are still using the 50 year old outdated straight bar tread design, it's beyond time to start putting some more angle on the dangle tread pattern.

8H8BNenl.jpg

4LCT0kal.jpg

qdbQiRGh.jpg

Nt9G0Vdl.jpg

XK5VjGCh.jpg

/ Tractor tires, sometimes to soon #2  
Or just run R4s. My tires have 750 hours on them a lot of it on asphalt and they look pretty good.

/ Tractor tires, sometimes to soon #3  
Or just run R4s. My tires have 750 hours on them a lot of it on asphalt and they look pretty good.
He probably wants traction.

/ Tractor tires, sometimes to soon #4  
He probably wants traction.
I'm betting his primary use wasn't on dirt or they wouldn't look like that after 200 hours. R4s will out pull r1s on a hard surface.

/ Tractor tires, sometimes to soon #5  
The OP's "soil" conditions must be very similar to mine. Lots & lots of very sharp basaltic lava rock. I have to be very careful that I don't spin a tire or the rocks will surely slice into the traction bars. As it is, my tires at 200 hours have slices in many of the bars. I will have to replace my tires, like the OP, due to slicing and not normal wear. I've found that asphalt will grind on the tires and does not cause slicing.

/ Tractor tires, sometimes to soon
The OP's "soil" conditions must be very similar to mine. Lots & lots of very sharp basaltic lava rock. I have to be very careful that I don't spin a tire or the rocks will surely slice into the traction bars. As it is, my tires at 200 hours have slices in many of the bars. I will have to replace my tires, like the OP, due to slicing and not normal wear. I've found that asphalt will grind on the tires and does not cause slicing.

Correct, lot of sharp rocks, everywhere I go, rocks, some not so sharp but still they raise havoc with the front tires. If I'm not on rocks dirt and ledge, I'm stuck in a swamp.

Digging up stumps and big rocks don't help tires any, but then again the tread om my rear tires are like brand new with same hrs., just a few side wall slices. The rears tires are QH brand, what ever that is. I'm hoping these new Crop Max tire will last longer now that I have most of rough tough digging done, I do like the tread design on-em tho.

Slight issue with that, have to change rims to. When I bought the tractor, I hem-and hawed about which tire to go with, took me half hour to say ok I'll go with the AGs

/ Tractor tires, sometimes to soon #8  
Slight issue with that, have to change rims to. When I bought the tractor, I hem-and hawed about which tire to go with, took me half hour to say ok I'll go with the AGs

You would also have to maintain the same OD as before, since you have mfwd

/ Tractor tires, sometimes to soon #9  
After 200 hrs. of hard use, my Galaxy front tires were all chewed up and the tread that was left wasn't much, so I decided to replace them with 7-16 Crop Max R-1 Ag Lug from m.e.Miller Tire. These tire's seem to have more tread shape which I like, most Ag tires I see are still using the 50 year old outdated straight bar tread design, it's beyond time to start putting some more angle on the dangle tread pattern.

8H8BNenl.jpg

XK5VjGCh.jpg
Altho the new tires are nice, I am concerned that you have gone to a variant that offers even less tread rubber than an ordinary Ag tread. By intuition this would tend to worsen the original wear/damage issue.​

When it come to R1 AG tractor tires, there just isn't enough tread design to pick from, just straight bars. I dont remember seeing a tread bar count on AG tires, that would an important decision maker on buying tires.

I'll have to count mine and see how many tread bars I lost compared to the the front Galaxy tire's I had, then divide 10 multiply by 7 and see if I gained anymore traction........