Tractor tire chains still on....

/ Tractor tire chains still on.... #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
I usually have my tire chain off by now but not this year. I'm late getting next seasons firewood out so I'm still dealing with a little snow, icy spots and to make it more interesting/aggravating, mud is added to the mix. On one ice patch today, left tire goes down and if it wasn't for chains, would have had to drop 6 trees, possibly even a re-hook but the tractor clawed threw.
Might make me the winner of the last one to have chains on in the US, Thanks you all can sit back down now. I wonder when my trophy will arrive.. Probably Canadians still have their chains on. People down Florida dont know what they're missing not messing around with tire chains......

/ Tractor tire chains still on.... #2  
I took mine off today but only bc I needed to mow the grass. Otherwise they would still be there. I've been working on clearing land and it's greasy. Father in law still has them on for the mud.

/ Tractor tire chains still on.... #3  
Still got mine on too.

/ Tractor tire chains still on.... #4  
When I use to haul my firewood out I always had rear chains on no matter the month,I like the extra bite also safety factor when it cam to breaking.

/ Tractor tire chains still on.... #6  
When I had the Ford 1700 4WD I would use chains, some winters, when the driveway iced up particularly bad. I hated installing them - they were HD tractor chains and very heavy - I didn't appreciate that they made the tractor ride like a COB - but I do acknowledge that they provided amazing traction. It was almost as though the tractor had been transformed into a tracked vehicle.

/ Tractor tire chains still on....
I took mine off today but only bc I needed to mow the grass. Otherwise they would still be there. I've been working on clearing land and it's greasy. Father in law still has them on for the mud.

Dont know about WV but I've been to Lynchburg Va. several times and what I noticed it's the land of red dirt. What style tires&chains do you and your FIL have and is he going to take his chains off? I would think down there it would be drying out now.

/ Tractor tire chains still on.... #8  
I have 2 link v-bar chains and my FIL has diamond pattern on at tires. We have nasty clay but the chains do come off for the summer. Mother's Day is typical for him to take them off.

Mine are not coming off at all.

Not at all, wont that shorten the life of your chains even though there trygg's? I would thing in summer they shouldn't be needed, plus you miss the fun of putting them on and off......

Still got mine on too.

Starting to look like I wont win this tire chain on contest with the gold trophy, might take mine off next week, maybe I'll come in 3rd place. I heard for 3rd place the prize is a new 40hp tractor....

How'd you do on syrup this year?, on your way to BahHabah this summer drop off a bottle at a TBN member discount.

Last edited: