Tractor shows

/ Tractor shows #1  

stvman

Gold Member
Tractor
A very tired Case 580 (looking to downsize)
Does anyone know of any Tractor shows in the NewEngland area I would like to see some tractors that actually have the loaders and backhoe's on them possibly to try. Most of the dealers I have gone to if they stock a hoe it's on a pallet out back. Also would it be too controversial for me to ask who makes the best backhoe?
I did also see a Great Bend loader on a NH tractor. Looks tougher than the NH and Kubota all the Kubota dealers use kubota loaders in my area but say the woods hoe is much better than the Kubota. I have only seen Kubota hoe's in pictures. Is this true? Or is it an issue of short supply? If it is true why not the Great Bend loader over the Kubota? Can anyone tell me if any of these aftermarket suppliers have parts availability issues or any other reason I should stick to OEM?

I have been learning a tremendous amount from everyones posts here. what a godsend Thanks, Steve

/ Tractor shows #2  
I would highly recommend the Kubota loader over the Woods/Great Bend Loader for a Kubota Loader. I had a Great Bend Loader on my last tractor, but the Kubota loader (mine is a LA1002) is very carefully fitted to the tractor and hydraulic system. It is a quick removal type and really first class in all details. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Tractor shows #3  
Kubota makes a wonderful L35 and B21 loade/backhoe tractors with hydraulics and everything matched. Hard combination to beat, although you can roll your own and save a few $$. Several L35 owners on this board can tell you all about them.

You might detail your intended use for the tractor as that probably makes a lot of differences in the attachments.

/ Tractor shows #4  
My own opionion is that if I was going to buy a Kubota tractor, I'd buy a Kubota hoe, and if I bought a Deere tractor, I'd want a Deere backhoe...that said, I think in general Woods does make excellent attachments (I have a Woods chipper that I am happy with)...I am not sure, but I think New Holland uses them, and even paints them blue...I wouldn't be as particular about most attachments, but it does seem that in the case of a backhoe, you really do want want that fits the tractor like a glove...and the tractor manufacturers seem to mesh them together own their own stuff better than the third party add-ons do.

Good luck.

/ Tractor shows #5  
Steve,
I'm also from New England and I to wish we had tractor shows.

If you should attend large or small country fairs there always seem to be a couple of dealers,and they bring 4 or 5 models and at least one dealership has a hoe attach to the tractor.

I've notice that also when visiting a dealership,for very seldom one see's a back hoe on a new tractor not unless its in for service or going to be deliver to the new buyer.
Maybe its do to the demand or pleases the eye......mmmm.

I would stay with the name brand attachment of the tractor that you purchase, for they seem to fit better and if you needed the part 9 times out of 10 your dealer would have the part.....but thats my two cents worth.

Thats for sure Steve,this is a grand website !!

Take Care.

Thomas..NH

/ Tractor shows #6  
I have a Ford 1710 with a Brantley Front Loader and an Arps backhoe. The loader lifts more and digs farther down than the stock loader did, but I spent some time modifying the bracing and how it was attached to the tractor to stand up to my uses. The Arps backhoe (says Ford 758) but it is an Arps is the exact same unit as the JD 8, so sometimes buying only the "factory" unit makes no difference other than on a new unit you might get a combined warranty.

Of course theres that goofy JD dealer that didn't believe the "JD 8" backhoe wasn't built by JD and didn't have "Ford" parts and wouldn't even look the part up in his "JD" catalog. DUH. Hmmm. Wonder where I'll probably ending up buying a JD lawn tractor?

Although the backhoe was available from Ford for this tractor as with the loader I spent quite a bit of time adding mounting and bracing to connect it and the loader and my overhead frame to make a durable unit. If you go with any backhoe get a frame mount, not a 3pt. Even the as-they-come frame mounts with their quick release pins that get wobbly (and cause further problems) are better then 3pts unless you are EXTREMELY careful how you use it, and even normal use can tear things up.

I also have a Kubota L35 which has a Kubota designed and attached Loader and Backhoe, I couldn't find anything else that equalled it's construction and compactness.

Think new units are hard to find? I've been trying to do some comparison pricing on used units so I have an idea what's what when I sell the Ford, I haven't found ONE used one that either isn't smaller, or on a 2WD, or beat to death with half the grease fittings missing (bad sign).

Good hunting.

/ Tractor shows #7  
In Texas, they bring all of the tractors and implements to the annual Rodeo and Stock Shows! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Dealers come from all around the state to exhibit here. I seem to remember seeing a list of shows on eharvest.com.

/ Tractor shows #9  
Re farm machinary expositions, go to http://www.farmshow.com/ and there is a list of upcoming farmshows in the left column under "Farming the WWW". Mid feb 2001 in Tulare county California is the biggest of all; the one in Louisville KY about the same time is the biggest indoor show

RCH