Tractor Show in Richburg, SC

/ Tractor Show in Richburg, SC #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
The annual Richburg tractor show is this Saturday, June 13 at Lewisville High School just off I-77 a mile down highway 9 on the left. Very easy to find. The fire department is making and selling barbecue which is very good. Last year there was a band. The show starts at 9 am. Last year there was a wheat harvesting, threshing and bailing exhibit and there is a plot of wheat growing there now so I'm assuming they will be doing that again.

Here are some pics from last year:

20984DSC5050.jpg

20984DSC4945.jpg

20984DSC5021.jpg

Its a great local show with good food and some great machines. Hope you can make it!

/ Tractor Show in Richburg, SC #2  
Thanks for the headsup,I'll try to make it.

/ Tractor Show in Richburg, SC #3  
How was the show in Richburg?
Other commitments prevented my attendance.

hilltopper34w
Winnsboro, SC 29180
Have Stump Grinder - Will Travel

/ Tractor Show in Richburg, SC
The show was great. Good crowd. Barbecue was 1st class. Lots of neat stuff. One thing that was missing from last year was a bunch of what I think they call 'grasshopper' tractors. If I remember correctly they are small, rear engine machines, usually fitted with cultivators. Bunch of them there last time. None this time.

Got to know some of the locals. My wife's mother is from Richburg so there is a connection. I may volunteer to help move tractors next year. That apparently is a very time consuming part of the show.

Anyway, we had a great time. Spent about 2 hours there. I'll try to post next year's show a little sooner. There are a lot of TBN'ers in this general area.

Edit: Apparently those tractors are not called 'grasshoppers'. Not sure what they are. Seems like they were mostly Allis-Chalmers or maybe Case.

Edit #2: Yep. Allis Chalmers 'G' model.

/ Tractor Show in Richburg, SC #5  
Darn, I wish I would have seen this earlier. My boys would have had a fun time going to look!

Hope to meet up one of these times!

/ Tractor Show in Richburg, SC #6  
Darn, I wish I would have seen this earlier. My boys would have had a fun time going to look!

Hope to meet up one of these times!

Me,too.
I went last year and meant to go this year, too. I don't know how I thought I was going to know when it was without checking on here regularly; I usually look through the upcoming events in the Market Bulletin, I think I would have noticed if it had been there.
Oh, well. Next year.
Good luck, Wm

The show is virtually unpublicized. I don't know why. I heard about the show last summer but had to search to find out the date. This year I only found out the date because the guy with all the tractor's grand-daughter is in my son's class at school. I asked his daughter when the show was when I saw her at graduation. I'm not sure how I will know when it is next year except that it is usually in June. I drive by where it is held when I go down to my cabin, and they put a few small signs up a week or so beforehand. As soon as I find out the date for next year I'll post it here.

/ Tractor Show in Richburg, SC #8  
hey george do you have the guys phone # who works on tractors ? i have other info to share with you ,,,,Frank in Clover SC thanks have a 2 1/2 gray hit n miss i need advice on thanks God Bless

Frank, I do not remember his name, but I think his last name was Weaver and I'm not sure if he is still working on tractors. The last time I saw his granddaughter, which was a while ago, she indicated that he'd had some health issues.

I did a Google search including the name 'Weaver' and came up with this:

Tom Weaver, 803-377-0502

I think this is him. This reference was included in a news article about the Richburg show from a few years ago.