Tractor Model with the Longest Production Run?

/ Tractor Model with the Longest Production Run? #51  
The 8N was the equal to the Model T in that it was priced so the everyday farmer could afford one and free themselves from many of the daily farm chores that consumed their time. They were a blessing times ten with the ability to rapidly pull a wagon or plow a small field or rake, cultivate or whatever. Nearly every farmer wanted one and the list of things it could do far exceeded the list of things it could not. I saw it and was there. Remember, a 60 acre farm was a big deal and enough to make a living.

/ Tractor Model with the Longest Production Run?
The 8N was the equal to the Model T in that it was priced so the everyday farmer could afford one and free themselves from many of the daily farm chores that consumed their time. They were a blessing times ten with the ability to rapidly pull a wagon or plow a small field or rake, cultivate or whatever. Nearly every farmer wanted one and the list of things it could do far exceeded the list of things it could not. I saw it and was there. Remember, a 60 acre farm was a big deal and enough to make a living.

My, how things have changed. Here's a comparison of planting and harvesting technologies from 1970 - 2010. I'm not sure about current planting and harvesting technologies, but I believe JD has at least a 48-row planter.

Screenshot 2018-03-30 at 1.51.09 PM.png

From https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/publications/45108/39359_err152.pdf

I remember my Dad and I planting field corn up until 1965 with a one-row planter on an AC G. I doubt whether we ever planted more than five acres in a day.

Steve

/ Tractor Model with the Longest Production Run? #53  
My, how things have changed. Here's a comparison of planting and harvesting technologies from 1970 - 2010. I'm not sure about current planting and harvesting technologies, but I believe JD has at least a 48-row planter.

View attachment 546318

From https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/publications/45108/39359_err152.pdf

I remember my Dad and I planting field corn up until 1965 with a one-row planter on an AC G. I doubt whether we ever planted more than five acres in a day.

Steve

The two row planter was very common through the 1960's. Can you imagine running a farm with a two row planter today? I remember the pull-type combine that spilled about as much corn as it shelled and was pulled by a small tractor. What a contraption they were and they took all day to do not very many acres. Lots of feed for the wildlife, however. What an enormous amount of work that was.

/ Tractor Model with the Longest Production Run? #54  
0324181055.jpgdad's 2 row planter covered in junk.