Insurance Tractor Insurance

/ Tractor Insurance #1  

MWILLMONT

I recently found out that my John Deere 3520 is only covered under my homeowners policy when it is on my property. However it is not covered while towing it to another property. Does anybody know where to get additional Insurance.

/ Tractor Insurance #2  
Your local insurance agent should be able to help you out with a quote and such I pay $61 a year to cover my tractor, fel, mower and blower. I believe it is like a power sport (atv) type insurance but your agent will be able to get you the correct policy for your tractor.

/ Tractor Insurance #3  
I pay $122.00 per yr. but that is for a fixed amount should someone steal the tractor or it is otherwise destroyed..no haggling about depreciation...I learned the hard way - if you have a loss and do not have a guaranteed payout..the ins. co. will use depreciation to whittle you down to almost nothing.

/ Tractor Insurance
Does that include coverage off your property and who is your insurance with?

Thanks

/ Tractor Insurance #6  
Your options vary so much from state to state and insurance company to company you really need to check your area. First ask your homeowner's company if they can cover it with a rider. If so probably best option. If they can not good chance if they are such as Nationwide or State Farm they are not able to offer you any option. You don't want to have to buy a true commerical policy but find a company who will cover it as a farm machine.

/ Tractor Insurance #7  
I recently found out that my John Deere 3520 is only covered under my homeowners policy when it is on my property. However it is not covered while towing it to another property. Does anybody know where to get additional Insurance.
Most homeowner policies work like that.

Does that include coverage off your property and who is your insurance with?Thanks
probably not

/ Tractor Insurance #9  
Your options vary so much from state to state and insurance company to company you really need to check your area. First ask your homeowner's company if they can cover it with a rider. If so probably best option. If they can not good chance if they are such as Nationwide or State Farm they are not able to offer you any option. You don't want to have to buy a true commerical policy but find a company who will cover it as a farm machine.

State Farm has a policy, but it's commercial. In my case it would have been around $600 per year. No Joe homeowner policy for this.