Tractor Guard

/ Tractor Guard #1  

av8tr72

Tractor
Case 105A
I was surfing the web and saw this, has anyone ever used this? Looks like it could potentially be good but not sure about the mounting. If someone has used it I’m Interested in the good or bad.

/ Tractor Guard #2  
So they go over the glass? If you had problems breaking glass seems like a good idea.

/ Tractor Guard
So they go over the glass? If you had problems breaking glass seems like a good idea.

Yeah. It’s a cover to keep from breaking glass I guess. I watched the video and looks like there is a strap that goes around and then I assume some suction cups? Not sure if that would stay on in a rough field.

/ Tractor Guard #5  
I watched the video. Man said it reduces the sun on the glass and thus reduces the temperature and strain on the AC.
I imagine it might make your windows a little harder to clean :oops:

/ Tractor Guard #6  

I've never seen this in particular but I've seen a lot of broken cab glass. Lots of people break the rear window and right door glass around here as using a 3 point mounted disc mower is the most common way to cut hay. Those will break cab glass if you run the cutterbar too low so you kick up a lot of stones, and let your drapes get too ratty so they don't knock down the stones any more. I think a better answer to that problem is adjusting your cutterbar properly or replacing your worn-out skids so the cutterbar is at the proper height, and replacing the ratty drapes. The polycarbonate may protect your cab glass but you are still going to be peppering the rest of your tractor with stones and breaking other stuff (often a right tire.)

/ Tractor Guard #7  
I know a construction company that when they get a new machine, they should just go around the thing with a hammer and break out all the glass because it’s just a matter of time.

/ Tractor Guard
I've never seen this in particular but I've seen a lot of broken cab glass. Lots of people break the rear window and right door glass around here as using a 3 point mounted disc mower is the most common way to cut hay. Those will break cab glass if you run the cutterbar too low so you kick up a lot of stones, and let your drapes get too ratty so they don't knock down the stones any more. I think a better answer to that problem is adjusting your cutterbar properly or replacing your worn-out skids so the cutterbar is at the proper height, and replacing the ratty drapes. The polycarbonate may protect your cab glass but you are still going to be peppering the rest of your tractor with stones and breaking other stuff (often a right tire.)

Yeah. Good point about the right door glass. I guess this could solve half of the problem.