Tractor forks detachable

/ Tractor forks detachable #1  

Midwest Gurl48

Tractor
1030 Massey Ferguson
Anyone have experience w detachable tractor forks? I hv Massey compact tractor w bucket but really want to add forks . What are your thoughts? I’ve just started looking.TIA

/ Tractor forks detachable #2  
The question is do you have a quick attach system now. Skid steer quick attach(SSQA) being the most common.

I have quick attach forks for my JD, which JD uses its own system and it’s very nice to be able to switch between the bucket and forks.

/ Tractor forks detachable #3  
Anyone have experience w detachable tractor forks? I hv Massey compact tractor w bucket but really want to add forks . What are your thoughts? I’ve just started looking.TIA
First of all, see if you can add SSQA to your tractor. SSQA has many advantages. With SSQA you can use a variety of implements on your front loader instead of just a bucket. You can drop the bucket and attach an SSQA with a standard set of forks which are much stronger and safer than trying to fit the clamp-on forks to a bucket lip.

Most compact tractors over about 25 horse will have a loade strong enough to handle the conversion to SSQA without the extra bucket weight causing too much downside.

Of course without SSQA, there are a number of easy and cheap ways to mount forks - especially if your bucket happens to be 4 feet or nearly so for inside width.

But converting to an SSQA adapter for the loader is way better.

rScotty

Last edited:
   / Tractor forks detachable #4  
Need more info. All forks are "detachable". What do you mean by that, exactly? It's the amount of time and hassle to detach and attach that varies.

/ Tractor forks detachable #5  
I wanted forks for my kubota, but I don't have QD bucket. So I was looking into a set of 3pt forks. Lots of options in the 3pt market. I haven't picked any up yet, but have been looking.

/ Tractor forks detachable #6  

Massey Ferguson 1030​

Massey Ferguson 1030 tractor photo
1984 - 1991
1000 Compact Series
Compact Utility tractor
Toyosha built
Massey Ferguson 1030 Weight
Shipping2398 lbs (2WD)
1087 kg
2596 lbs (4WD)
1177 kg
Operating2815 lbs (4WD)
1276 kg
1016 Loader
750 lbs lift (full at pin)
340 kg

Last edited:
   / Tractor forks detachable #7  
Massey Ferguson 1030 gross Loader capacity of 750 pounds is not much to work with.

You can move brush and yard debris on bare bucket forks, and fairly light items on a pallet, nothing more. You will be replacing a wheelbarrow with pallet forks.

If you purchase clamp-on pallet forks, the weight of the pallet forks comes off your payload, so max payload will be around 700 pounds to 30" height, rather than full height, less the weight of a pallet, if used.

If you will only be moving brush and other debris, buy 30" to 36" length pallet forks, to reduce loss in payload. 48" length pallet forks are much more difficult to position under brush.

WEB VENDERS:
tractor clamp on pallet forks

Last edited:
   / Tractor forks detachable #8  
I have both the clamp on pallet forks and ssqa. Use both. The clamp on are quick and easy especially on the smaller tractor. Advantage is they can be set wider than ssqa pallet forks depending on bucket width. Cheap$$. Preferred tool for digging sweet potatoes without damaging. SSQA for more demanding work.

/ Tractor forks detachable #9  
OP, we still need info on what you mean by "detachable" but, given the info that Jeff provided, I would be looking at pin on forks, if I were you. It'll give you as much capacity as possible. Takes longer to swap out than quick attach, but it saves weight. Personally, I would stay away from bucket forks, unless there's just no other option. Far lower lift capacity and you have a good chance of bending the edge on your bucket with them.

/ Tractor forks detachable
The question is do you have a quick attach system now. Skid steer quick attach(SSQA) being the most common.

I have quick attach forks for my JD, which JD uses its own system and it’s very nice to be able to switch between the bucket and forks.
No I do not that’s y I’m looking at detachable 😊