Tractor dolly

/ Tractor dolly #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Hey guys:

Here's a few pics of the tractor on the dolly I made. It'll be on it's way to the repair shop in a few days. You can also see the new trailer I just bought yesterday (5x10 w/ ramp, 3500 lb axle, 15" tires rated for 1800 lbs each). It was quite a task to get the tractor onto the dolly, but winching it onto the trailer afterwards was pretty easy...

Dave

/ Tractor dolly
Here\'s a pic...

Attached...

Attachments

• 54-203430-MVC-603F.JPG
    54-203430-MVC-603F.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,098
   / Tractor dolly
Another...

...pic:

Attachments

• 54-203431-MVC-604F.JPG
    54-203431-MVC-604F.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 454
   / Tractor dolly #5  
Re: Another...

Dave,
You are becoming and expert on the PT with all your repairs you have had to make. Hope this will be the last for awhile.
PJ

/ Tractor dolly #6  
Curious as to why you needed the dolly. It appears the powertrac would not roll onto the trailer without the dolly. And how did you get the pc onto the dolly?

/ Tractor dolly
Beenthere, good questions.

The PT is supposed to have a tow valve which you can open and two tow ports that you hook a hose between. My model is so old, that I can't identify these, so I'm not going to risk taking the wrong plug out and damaging a $1300 hydrostatic pump. Thus, the need for the dolly. While it's at the shop, I'm going to have the folks install the fitting to bleed the pump, and also identify the tow valve and install the fittings for the tow port, so hopefully, I won't ever need to "dolly it" again.

Yes, getting the tractor onto the dolly was not an easy task. It involved quite a bit of jacking, moving around cinder blocks, etc. Got it high enough a little at a time. This probably wasn't the safest thing that I've ever done either...

There's one really amazing thing: every time I'm tackling something tough like this, one or more neighbors always show up to help. I don't even ask, and they show up. I feel privileged to have such good neighbor's in my neighborhood.

Now, if the shop can get the tractor fixed in time (and since I have a new trailer), a neighbor and I might very well organize a hay-ride for Halloween!

Dave

/ Tractor dolly
As a side note...

...apparently while my neighbors and I were winching the tractor up onto the trailer, my silly dog Jackson had discovered that I left the windows down in the Isuzu Rodeo (had backed it up to hook the trailer to). He was thoroughly impressing the neighborhood children by jumping into and out of the SUV through the open passenger-side window. I'm actually quite impressed myself, I had no idea he could jump that high (about 5'!). I'm sure when they laughed at him, he did it a few extra times for good measure (he's quite the canine comedian). I'm still laughing now thinking about it, although I did have to clean muddy paw prints off the front and back seats for 30 minutes....

I attached a pic of his goofy butt from a project he "helped" me with...

Dave

/ Tractor dolly
Re: As a side note...

Oops, here's the pic...

Attachments

• 54-203530-BlacknTanScreedMule.JPG
    54-203530-BlacknTanScreedMule.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 306