I really enjoy my cab especially like now temp is 18F and 20
plus gusts of wind nice and comfy with the heat and when
the temps in the summer are over 100+ F nice and cool with
the a/c running, no bugs, no dust etc
Y'all can keep saying you don't need a cab but I will enjoy
what I have

willy

/ Tractor decision #173  
I do not reccomend a cab, that is what houses are for. You don't need to be in one when your on your tractor.

You can buy whatever you want but I’ll keep buying equipment with cabs. My second dozer without a cab is parked while the D3 is actually on a job at least it was until it rained 4 inches this week. I sold my skid steer without a cab and bought one with a cab. Cabs cost more upfront but you get the money back when you sell it. Possibly even more because the operator station stays in better shape.

Attachments

• IMG_6189.JPG
    IMG_6189.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
   / Tractor decision #174  
I think the whole cab thing comes down to whether or not you like the outdoors. Some folks are just more naturally suited for being inside. I don’t have a problem with that.

/ Tractor decision #175  
I think the whole cab thing comes down to whether or not you like the outdoors. Some folks are just more naturally suited for being inside. I don’t have a problem with that.
Me too - although sometimes I like to be in the outdoors and other times look at it through a window.

This morning it is sixteen below zero F. with a brisk wind.

We have a choice of cab or open, but I think I'll do my tractoring online. There's no place we need to go anyway.

/ Tractor decision #176  
Me too - although sometimes I like to be in the outdoors and other times look at it through a window.

We have a choice of cab or open, but I think I'll do my tractoring online. There's no place we need to go anyway.
meanwhile it was a great day to be out here,
little bit overcast to stop the sun heating up the cab, shorts and tshirt weather.

1705232352514.png

/ Tractor decision #177  
I should note that when I'm talking about dealer network not being as critical as some point out; I'm talking hobby/life style/diy/homeowner machines. In the middle of a critical farm operation, or a paying job, where having the part this afternoon, or your loosing $2500/day (or more) is a totally different story.

Also, I'm Not saying it isn't a plus to have a dealer close; but I wonder what percentage of machines Need to go back to the dealer?
I've never seen a comparison of how many tractors need to go to the dealer. My suspicion is not many have to go there - although people with one that does tend to be vocal about it.

I suspect that it is more a case of the owners want the tractor dealer to do the routine maintenance rather than an actual "need" for a dealer. Still, for those owners that is a important.

The thing is, it is hard for old timers from an generation where every man was a handy with most tools to understand a new generation who want to spend their leisure time differently.
But it's real, and a close dealership is part of it.

I have a little workshop attached to the house where I love to make & fix things. Most of my middle-aged friends have no interest in it. Their eyes glaze over- many of them haven't even been in there. They like backyard, beer, sports, music, and barbecue.

But some of their kids know. The shop is where they hang out. And they never forget anything or where any tool is or how to use it. They just soak up everthing like a sponge. It is fascinating how quickly they learn.

rScotty

/ Tractor decision #178  

Sounds like my father in law. I gave him my old pickup truck, which is heated and has remote start, to use to snowplow up at his retirement home up in the mountains. He put a nice new Western snowplow on it and it works great.

After spending his whole career working indoors, he preferred being outside so much, that he went out and got a big hydraulic V-plow for his open-station Kubota tractor. He uses that more often now, when it snows up there.

I’m guessing he’s probably out there right now in his coveralls and arctic boots, fighting the big lake effect snow storm that is pelting us, and has delayed our playoff football game by a day.

I can’t wait to suit up and get out there myself, on my little glorified 10 hp snow shovel. Breathing in that cool crisp air is a big part of the fun of wintering up here near the Canadian border. I wouldn’t have any other way. If I get too cold and need to warm up, I’ll just come back in the house by the wood stove for a bit.
IMG_3940.jpeg

IMG_3909.jpeg

/ Tractor decision #179  
I think it actually comes down to where you are in the world.

Winter finally found us, yesterday, the high and the low were both -22 F, and we had a steady blowing wind. We're supposed to have high blowing winds until Monday. Even in full bibs, boots, heavy gloves and parka, not "fun" to be outside for long. Especially if it's just sitting on top of an open station piece of equipment.

I was practically raised outdoors, but I'll happily keep my heated (and air conditioned) cab, thank you.

/ Tractor decision #180  
So, as I've said before; I tend to argue both sides of an argument. About 12-15 years ago, I was actively going to auctions, looking for a used tracked skid steer. At the time I was doing some weekend side work, doing driveways, minor grading/minor clearing, but renting machinery for the jobs, and not really making much true profit.

Anyways, at the start of the search, I wanted Nothing to do with glass cab on a machine, as I frankly prefer to not have it on construction equipment. Anyway, had someone tell me; for the few thousand dollars more for the cab; if you decide to not rain out even 3 or 4 days over the Life of the machine because of the cab, it's paid for itself. The world ended in 2007/2008, and I ended up not buying the skid steer; but I do keep that in mind.

I still prefer the situational awareness of an open machine, the easier communication (if you work around others), the better visibility, and the faster/easier dismount/remount, But cabs 100% have a place, and are the right answer for some people/situations.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
Hooten Pcf Creep Feeder (A33041)
Hooten Pcf Creep...
(3) FASTENAL TOOL BOXES W/BRASS FITTINGS & MISC (A34011)
(3) FASTENAL TOOL...
Wood Fence Posts Bundle 5"x8' (32 posts) (A34007)
Wood Fence Posts...
2012 Vermeer LP555DT Vacuum Excavator T/A Trailer (A32932)
2012 Vermeer...
Unused 84in Snow/Litter Bucket, (A33079)
Unused 84in...