Tractor decision

/ Tractor decision #141  
Hi, I’m new to this forum. I have 50 acres, 15 pasture, 35 wooded. We are starting construction on a new home, 1400 foot driveway. Right now I am focused on LS
MT347 cab hydro with bucket, plow, box blade, brush hog. Am I on the right track? Up until now I have only had garden tractors. Thnx, Barry
Hi Barry Not surewho makes LS but hummed and hard about buying a TYM or splashing out and getting a Kobutu or a name brand. Brought the TYM as it was a lot cheaper and had it for 4 years now with no iissues. Also hydro that I was worried about but find it excellent

/ Tractor decision #142  
Hi, I’m new to this forum. I have 50 acres, 15 pasture, 35 wooded. We are starting construction on a new home, 1400 foot driveway. Right now I am focused on LS
MT347 cab hydro with bucket, plow, box blade, brush hog. Am I on the right track? Up until now I have only had garden tractors. Thnx, Barry
look at the Yanmar YT 347 (westfieldagandturf) great dealer easy to work with and not far away in western New York

/ Tractor decision #143  
Funny.
I have a set of forks and use them a lot to move logs, steel, pallets of crap, etc. When we moved to our new house, the wife palletized everything, and I loaded the pallets into the semi with my tractor. When the new house was done and ready to move into, we brought the semi back, and I unloaded the pallets into the garage, at the front steps and behind the house at the lower level. According to a number of folks here, I shouldn't have them, nor do I need them.

The ground hornet risk and having a cab is real. About five years ago, when ramming around in my woods with the Kubota BX2380 that I had at the time, I ran over a log. I noticed the first wasp when it crawled behind my glasses. By the time it was done, I had been stung 17 times. Luckily, I am not allergic to bee stings but it took a few days to finally feel better. It would have killed my wife. But, again, I don't need a cab, according to some folks here.

I fear the ground hornet swarm. So far I have been fortunate.
If it ever occurred and I lived through it, I would probably sell my open station and get the cab.

/ Tractor decision #144  
Doesn't mean his decision will be the best. I have 35 acres woods, 10 acres non wooded.
If I was worried about snow and the cold I probably would have gone with a cab but being in East Texas I elected not to bust glass and weather the heat.
I'm just the opposite: With the work I do, I'd surely bust up a cab in the woods on a regular basis. I'm in Vermont, but I can dress for the cold and snow. I might have risked a cab just for the AC if I lived in the south.

/ Tractor decision #145  
Some are going to argue this to death and insist everyone needs pallet forks.

I have a grapple also and a bolt on hook on my bucket and a chain.

Forks are more of a necessity for those of us who work with logs or large bulky items like boulders, buckets of course perfect for loose or granular materials.

I love forks, especially with a log grapple mounted up top. A lifesaver at work.

1704803545787.jpeg

If you have both, your tractor becomes a force to be reckoned with!

/ Tractor decision #146  
Hi Barry Not surewho makes LS but hummed and hard about buying a TYM or splashing out and getting a Kobutu or a name brand. Brought the TYM as it was a lot cheaper and had it for 4 years now with no iissues. Also hydro that I was worried about but find it excellent
LS makes their own and like TYM also make tractors for others.

/ Tractor decision #147  
Funny.
I have a set of forks and use them a lot to move logs, steel, pallets of crap, etc. When we moved to our new house, the wife palletized everything, and I loaded the pallets into the semi with my tractor. When the new house was done and ready to move into, we brought the semi back, and I unloaded the pallets into the garage, at the front steps and behind the house at the lower level. According to a number of folks here, I shouldn't have them, nor do I need them.

The ground hornet risk and having a cab is real. About five years ago, when ramming around in my woods with the Kubota BX2380 that I had at the time, I ran over a log. I noticed the first wasp when it crawled behind my glasses. By the time it was done, I had been stung 17 times. Luckily, I am not allergic to bee stings but it took a few days to finally feel better. It would have killed my wife. But, again, I don't need a cab, according to some folks here.
Nobody says you don’t need a cab. The original poster wants a cab so it’s up to him. I don’t get some of you guys thinking everybody needs the same thing as everyone else has.

/ Tractor decision #148  
I found the (Ironcraft 4k) forks to be useful. I have lots of trees to deal with. However, I got them initially to be able to unload deliveries off of trucks. Also use pallets to store my implements and attachments, easy to move around. Same with bulky or heavy supplies (fencing, stone, etc.)

I use my bucket more and will probably use the grapple more once I figure out which one I want.

/ Tractor decision #149  
Forks are more of a necessity for those of us who work with logs or large bulky items like boulders, buckets of course perfect for loose or granular materials.

I love forks, especially with a log grapple mounted up top. A lifesaver at work.

View attachment 845694

If you have both, your tractor becomes a force to be reckoned with!
that's a nice-looking tractor!