Tractor cover

/ Tractor cover #1  

logangrey

Tractor
LS 3032
Hi guys I have an ls3032 a would like to get a cover or partial cover for it. Maybe try and keep it looking goid longer. I store it inside in winter but outside in summer mostly soprevent damage to paint and plastics . Any ideas . Thanks

/ Tractor cover #2  
Metal carport would be the easiest and cheapest route. That's what I have.

Attachments

• shed_tractor.jpg
    shed_tractor.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 1,161

/ Tractor cover #3  
May not be as easy as the carport, but possibly cheaper. I am planning on doing something like this on a remote parcel I own. Total cost should be around $500 as of 5/2/2023, but I am using logs I have on site and leaving the sides open.

Screenshot_20230503_092032_Brave.jpg

/ Tractor cover #4  
If you don't care what it looks like, and are not concerned about snow load (summer months) then make a simple frame using 2x4 and a tarp from Harbor freight. Make it wide enough and tall enough to fit your tractor.

A bit more expensive, but under $500 and easier than all these, is a popup tent. Here is a 10x20 that should fit your tractor with room to spare. Would probably need to fold down your ROPS

/ Tractor cover #5  
Soft tarp maybe.

/ Tractor cover #7  
This is what I have - works great and I have implements in there with the tractor. Its heavy duty been using it for 6 years so far can handle snow loads and wind and a tree fell on it and didn't rip or break anything.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...-peak-style-12-ft-x-20-ft-x-8-ft?cm_vc=-10011

How does that hold up to wind load?

I live in eastern NC and snow is not a concern whatsoever. The wind is a problem for me though. I currently have a makeshift tent in the woods with a large TSC tarp and 1/4" cable. I am constantly fixing it due to wind and the pucker-factor is high come hurricane season.

/ Tractor cover #8  
Over time, a carport or DIY tractor shed with a metal roof is going to work a lot better than replacing tarps.

/ Tractor cover #9  
It's not expensive or hard. 6 each 4x4x12; 12 bags quikcrete; some 29ga roofing tin, 2x6x12 shed roof joists, some 2x4 purlions. Probably cost you less then $250. I would go with something in the neighborhood of 12x16 ft. Over hang about 2 ft of the sides; simple shed roof; 1 in 12 pitch (unless you live in snow country). Space your 4x4s at 8 from OC; and you can span a 12 ft space with a 2x6 if your just holding up 2x4 purlions and 29ga metal. If your working by yourself; you might get 9 ft pieces of metal roofing rather then 16s. Give a health over lap. Done. Unless your county beats you up about permits. Then the "engineered roof trusses" end up probably tripling your cost.

Edit; generally roofing metal is Far more expensive at Home Depot or Lowes then a metal roofing supplier

I would set 4x4s about 24-36" in ground, mix and pour 2-80# bags of quikcrete on them; make sure to temp brace until roof is finished. Probably make the high side of the shed 10 ft. the low side 9 ft. Attached generic Google images.
View attachment 799090View attachment 799091

Last edited: