Tractor Brands Market Share

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #181  
That lines up with what I have heard from other folks that had the benefit of industry market reports, and it was correlated from different analysts who had come to their conclusions independently. Kubota had the lion's share, Deere in distant second, and everyone else adding up to maybe 20-25% combined.
Being a bit of a data nerd, I always want to see the individual numbers and how they are broken down. One aspect I would like to see is individual sales versus 'fleet' sales. Hard to break a farm vehicle into personal versus commercial, but a lot of small tractors are purchased by universities and other businesses with large campuses. These guys may by 5+ tractors at a time and also get UTV and skid steer type equipment. The more the purchasing guy can work toward the same OEM/dealer, the more perqs he will get.. To some people, buying what a 'business' buys seems to be a good idea. Others will understand that big business purchases are often less price sensitive than personal sales. That is 100 fold when dealing with government purchases. I guess this is a long way of saying that many businesses and nearly every government are not buying a tractor for 'value'. The information is interesting, but has no bearing on what I purchase. For me, it all comes down to value. How many utils can I get for my dollar? (A util is a self-determined unit of usefulness)

Last edited:
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #182  
I have read industry analyst reports that in the CUT and SCUT categories, Kubota leads by far with Deere the only somewhat close competitor.
Could you specify what "industry analyst reports" you read?
Whether the analysts are right I don’t know, but finding the info is their only job.
Who are these "analysts" that you are referring to?

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #183  
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #184  
everyone always seems to be dying to see real numbers behind who the leaders in the tractor business are. I read this today in an industry article.

According to UCC filings, through the first 11 months of 2016 Kubota held a market share of nearly 47% in the tractor ranges up to 80 horsepower. Deere was a distant second with 19%

Industry Shift: Kubota’s Pursuit to be a Global Full Liner

1640920456724.png

"There’s little doubt that the major tractor brands are looking over their shoulder at Kubota. The Japanese tractor maker is often credited for fully developing the compact and utility tractor market, which it continues to dominate today. According to UCC filings*, through the first 11 months of 2016 Kubota held a market share of nearly 47% in the tractor ranges up to 80 horsepower. Deere was a distant second with 19%.

Now Kubota has set its sights on moving up into “big ag” equipment and with its track record for growth, as well as dealer and customer loyalty, it could pose some serious competition for the major equipment makers. The limiting factor for Kubota, as it has been for many of the specialized farm equipment makers, is expanding its dealership network. While the company boasts more than 1,000 North American dealers, according to a company spokesperson, only about 55% are “Kubota-only” dealerships, and it shares lot space with other big name equipment makers, most notably the CNH Industrial brands of Case IH and New Holland."

Does anyone really doubt that Kubota is number 1 in CUT sales in the North America?

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #185  
2017 and horribly incomplete for me make any judgement such as that

Last edited:
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #186  
Threads on TBN Forums

Kubota 48,000
John Deere 25,300

New Holland 15,000
Kioti 11,400
Massey Ferguson 8,500
Mahindra 7,700
LS 3.000
Case IH 2,300
Century/Branson 2,000
Bobcat 1,600
TYM 1,000
Yanmar (new) 750

/ Tractor Brands Market Share
Threads on TBN Forums

Kubota 48,000
John Deere 25,300

New Holland 15,000
Kioti 11,400
Massey Ferguson 8,500
Mahindra 7,700
LS 3.000
Case IH 2,300
Century/Branson 2,000
Bobcat 1,600
TYM 1,000
Yanmar (new) 750
I think your John Deere number is low. Closer to 32,000.

So what is your take away with these numbers? Do you think they represent market or brands with more issues?

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #188  
Not precise numbers, but a general indication. Again, Who thinks Kubota and John Deere aren't # 1 and #2 in CUT sales in North America?

1641008430596.png

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #189  
Not precise numbers, but a general indication. Again, Who thinks Kubota and John Deere aren't # 1 and #2 in CUT sales in North America?

View attachment 727398
I believe most here agree Kubota is #1 and Deere #2 in CUT sales.
What we were questioning is if Kubota held 50% and Deere 25% of CUT sales and the rest were fighting for what's left like a certain member here has repeatedly posted.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #190  
🍻