Buying Advice Tractor Advice -The hunt is on.

/ Tractor Advice -The hunt is on. #31  
Sometimes the choice is getting a tractor and needed implements and no cab

Or

Getting NO tractor at all. Not everyone has an unlimited budget

AMEN! I'm still young and I LIKE the out of doors. For the price of a cab I can get a better tractor AND every implement I could reasonably use. Especially if I buy the implements used. Put the bulk of the money into a really good tractor & loader. Used Implements tend to work OK.
rScotty

/ Tractor Advice -The hunt is on. #32  
R4 tires work for me, and we get 300” of snow.

The cab works great when blowing snow at -10 degrees (f), and I also appreciated it this week while bush hogging in 91 degree, high humidity conditions.

Made today’s loader work during the downpour, too.

/ Tractor Advice -The hunt is on. #33  
R4 tires work for me, and we get 300” of snow.

The cab works great when blowing snow at -10 degrees (f), and I also appreciated it this week while bush hogging in 91 degree, high humidity conditions.

Made today’s loader work during the downpour, too.

Much the same here. Except it's -40 F, wind is blowing sideways at 40-50 mph. Just another winter day. There's "cold" and then there's COLD. Like the kind of cold that can kill you.

Also mowing pastures in summertime heat with the A/C on.

Can't beat it.

No one. And I mean NO one works snow with open station tractors here.

But, buy what you want.

/ Tractor Advice -The hunt is on. #34  
+++++++on the cab, need a loader, front snowblower, mower deck, back blade, everything else i bought as funds allowed. depending on your age, Tell the wife it should be your first and last tractor purchase, i bought mine at 54 and have no wants for a diff model, it will go with me in my bottle of ashes, most likely with deleted emissions.

/ Tractor Advice -The hunt is on. #35  
yepp, spent 5 hrs yest 91 deg mowing grass with tunes and a cold coke, was a nice day in cheboygan

/ Tractor Advice -The hunt is on. #36  
Have you had a look at land planes? With a 1300' driveway to maintain, it will pay for itself in a few years with reduced gravel purchases.

/ Tractor Advice -The hunt is on.
Have you had a look at land planes? With a 1300' driveway to maintain, it will pay for itself in a few years with reduced gravel purchases.

*** I believe the land plane is the ticket for my property. Running 5/8 minus (i'm not sure if correct term) gravel...limestone, on my drive. It has a much bigger base, and this has packed in nicely actually... So will want to try to keep it nice. From reading about the land plane, it will be a great thing to have.

I"m kinda torn between bush hog or simply go for a flail mower. I really only need to clear along my driveway edges...thinking oncei tidy up some i could get away with using the rotary unit to tend to that tall grass... OTherwise thinking to cut a few small trails through my property. I have areas that will readily take to being cut for trails.

ANyway, yah, Land Plane is on the list. I'll probably delay that until the need arises to avoid sticker shock in the household :)

cheers,
H

/ Tractor Advice -The hunt is on. #38  
Are any current tractors simple to work on? Simple as in not having to remove a bunch of body panels to replace fuel lines or a fuel pump. I just spend 6 hours replacing the fuel pump lines on a Massey GC2300. An old guy should not have to bend into these positions and need three hands to do a simple job. I've been driving tractors since the farm (in the 50s). I've worked on a lot of hardware and this was just plain ridiculous. More like working on a modern car. Not interested in any old stuff - I use and don't like to tinker except to maintain. Dealer support??? HAHAHA Got a dealer 12 miles away. Uninterested in even calling back when you need work.

/ Tractor Advice -The hunt is on.
Have another quote in... and finally figured out wheree my math was so offside in validating the quotes.
1) CK2610 with 72" blower, 66" roatry cutter, loader, HST: 34832 taxes in (CDN) 0% for 84 months: (payment for 72 months, with 3729 downpayment to compare apples to apples: 431). Total cost: 34832
2) another dealer, CK2610, 66" blower, 66" rotary cutter, LAND PLANE as well, 35139 taxes in (CDN) 0% 84 months (payment for 72months, using 3729 downpayment to compare apples to apples: 436) total cost 35139
3) kubota L2601: loader, blower: 37357.75 taxes in. 0% 72 months. Payment they quote: 515 CDN needing a 3729 downpayment per Kubota.: total cost (515*72)+3729= 40809

So 5000 more, with one less implement, but get the KTAC.

I'm leading to putting 10k down, buy the insurance myself and call it day on the Kioti. It is hard to ignore that price difference.

/ Tractor Advice -The hunt is on. #40  
It is hard to ignore that price difference

You don't need a calculator to make that math work.
I assume that the Kubota you were looking at was a 2501... the 2601 was made back in the late 1970s and I don't see that they've started producing them again.