Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates

/ Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates #1  

AbbiesFarm

Tractor
2019 Massey Ferguson 2607H
Hello everyone, thanks for opening this post. I am curious to see if anyone has done this and what the experience has been. I would like to make or buy a 3 point adapter to SSQA and then convert all of my implements to SSQA using pre-made SSQA plates welded to each implement. I have multiple reasons why I think this will work well for me.

1. It would be a truly easy quick connect. I have added a linear actuator to my FEL SSQA so I don't have to get out of the seat to swap attachments (unless its hydraulic like the 4/1 or grapple. I could easily add an actuator to the rear too. I have a hydraulic top link and plan for a side link soon which will help with lining up to the multiple implements.
2. Transportation and moving around ALL my equipment would be much faster and safer. I frequently need to take multiple implements to other areas and it would be nice to grab whatever I need with either the 3pt or FEL.
3. I would occasionally like to use a 3pt implement on the FEL.

That being said, I would like to know any downsides. I'm concerned about possible slop like what I experienced with both pats and the HF quick connects. I'm aware of the costs, the plates run about $100-200 each depending on thickness, I enjoy welding and fabrication so no labor costs. I'm not concerned about future use or resale of my implements, I have never sold any yet, and with this set up I could turn down loaning out an implement guilt free.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

/ Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates #2  
2. Transportation and moving around ALL my equipment would be much faster and safer. I frequently need to take multiple implements to other areas and it would be nice to grab whatever I need with either the 3pt or FEL.

That would be convenient, a small trailer could let you take 3 or more attachments, tool box, chainsaw, extra water even lunch.

3. I would occasionally like to use a 3pt implement on the FEL.

They also make SSQA to QH, I've thought about going this route for rake and boom pole.

/ Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates #3  
What kind of implements would you be adding SSQA plates to?

I wouldn’t think the plates would hold up long term with ground engaging implements. Great for pushing, but the pulling forces would do them in I would think.

/ Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates
What kind of implements would you be adding SSQA plates to?

I wouldn稚 think the plates would hold up long term with ground engaging implements. Great for pushing, but the pulling forces would do them in I would think.

8ft Rock rake (I am thinking a 5/16 or 3/8 plate)
8ft C Spring tooth (3/8 or 1/2 plate)
7ft Scarifer Spring tooth (3/8 or 1/2 plate)
8ft Disk (1/2 plate)
7ft Grader Blade (1/2 plate)
7ft Box Blade (1/2 plate)
3pt Pallet forks (3/8 plate)
6ft Bush hog (not planing on modifying but if I did 1/2 plate)
Boom (parts bought, building soon. From FEL I need a total height of 23ft to lift my well pump.
Wish list is 8ft Land Plane and 8-10ft Flail Mower (definitely not going to convert)

Looking at most of my implements, welding the entire "A" frame to the plate along with angle or tubing to stiffen the plate should produce a very strong connection.

/ Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates #5  
I highly doubt the ssqa would hold up to the pulling forces involved. The lower latches pale in comparison to the three point connection. Viable for some applications, but need room for the pto shaft. Stick with the rear quick attach, be happy.

/ Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates #6  
The SSQA is okay for pushing. I use an SSQA adapter on a hay grapple. Putting down pressure means the lower pin of the SSQA has to hold. It doesn't sometimes... Same with any significant pull.

/ Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates #7  
Am I reading this wrong? Why not buy a SSQA to 3PH adaptor for your loader only? Would be cheaper than adding plates to all your attachments and it would give you the same end result. How are you planning to run the PTO if you put an SSQA plate on the bush hog?

Take the money saved and buy a TNT kit.

/ Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates
Am I reading this wrong? Why not buy a SSQA to 3PH adaptor for your loader only? Would be cheaper than adding plates to all your attachments and it would give you the same end result. How are you planning to run the PTO if you put an SSQA plate on the bush hog?

Take the money saved and buy a TNT kit.

I don't plan to run the bush hog with this set up. It is my only pto implement at this time. I already have a hydraulic top link. A 3pt on the FEL doesn't solve the quick connect desire at the rear 3pt or give me a true universal connection front and rear to all of my implements and attachments.

I am concerned now about the issue or concern being raised about the SSQA lower pins not being able to handle the pressure from being pulled by a ground penetrating implement like the disk and box blade. I have many times with SS's and my FEL's put a tremendous amount of stress back blading and never noticed any ill effects on the pins, but that is not the same as pulling a disk or box blade.

/ Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates #9  
A very good point made by metalbender. I would tend to listen to him. It makes complete sense. I have a heavy duty 8ft back blade that has been thru alot of tough work and three MF Utility tractors in 20 years. Had to rebuild it twice. Not sure the ssqa pins would have held up. I guess you can rebuild them also. When you break’m you have to fix’m. It’s your dollar and your choice.

/ Tractor 3pt to SSQA to implements with SSQA plates #10  
I have the 3 point to ssqa adaptor from Titan. I had to modify it to work with my QH. There’s a write up somewhere on here on when I modified it.

The only use I found for it is to put my FEL bucket on the back. With the grapple on front, it makes it efficient to carry/cut trees up and the turn around and load firewood rounds into the rear mounted bucket. Without a hydraulic toplink it was only a big carryall.
The toplink made it a bit more usable.
One main difference to using it with some of the implements you mention is that you don’t have down pressure and may have to chain the 3 point down to keep it down or it will float up in use backing up.