Tracking Santa's Progress

/ Tracking Santa's Progress #2  
Re: Tracking Santa\'s Progress

Very cool, John! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I put the map up on the "main" computer (we have 4 in the household) and called the kids to come see where Santa is now. Should've had my camera ready. Their facial expressions were priceless. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Tracking Santa's Progress #3  

Thanks for the link here is the same one. http://www.noradsanta.org/

Your page had two http's and wouldn't go through.

Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg

/ Tracking Santa's Progress #4  

BUSTED!!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

My daughter was totally back in the believers' circle until we came back from a Christmas Eve get-together with relatives at about 11:30pm. She ran to the computer to check on Santa's progress, and was DEVASTED that the map showed he had already been here (California) and was now in Hawaii. Since the stockings were still empty and there were no new presents under the tree, she was first sad, then suspicious and now, I think, convinced that the whole thing was a hoax. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

I did my best fast-talking routine, but she wasn't buying it. She went to bed with the anticipation of presents in the morning, but I think the jolly guy in the red suit just lost a follower. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

No reflection whatsoever on you, John. It's a cool site and a great idea, but it needs a little tweaking in the time table department. And that's what I said in my polite NastyGram I sent to Norad. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

I think we'll be okay in the morning, so let me wish you all a very Merry Christmas. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Tracking Santa's Progress #5  

Harv,
Just tell her that he knew she was not home in bed, so he could not have stopped bye. After she got home, he had to back track to drop off all the goodies./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

a-usa.gif

/ Tracking Santa's Progress #6  

My first thought was that the daughter of a computer whiz ought to know computer errors are as common as fleas on a dog./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

But my second thought was that the kids of a computer dummy, like me, would have no trouble believing that, but your kids probably know you'd have fixed it if it was a computer problem./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Tracking Santa's Progress #7  

Paul, Bird -

I like the way you both think. Shows experience. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Just so's you know -- she didn't seem to give it a thought this morning and proceeded to have a fabulous Christmas experience. Amazing how a few well-chosen bargains (tight budget this year) go towards a child's "belief". /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

After reviewing the TBN messages, including yours, I went back and told her that the Norad problem was being discussed on the internet. I explained that it was new technology, and although the tracking part worked fine, the darn software that displays the map had bugs in it. That's terminology she's heard around the house more than once, and said she hoped they fixed it for next year "'cuz a lot of kids might not understand." /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

She's at the stage where reality is starting to creep in, but she wants it to be real, and will find any excuse to keep believing.

They're only kids once.

HarvSig.gif