Tracked Bobcat MT50 and Toro Dingo

/ Tracked Bobcat MT50 and Toro Dingo #11  
hi carpenter,
just found on omnitrac what i need, so whenever the next time i drive with my extended mowing rig or my kubota tractor into a pond or in the creek on my own property i will be ready: IP2482UW Underwater Track System
(Hydraulic-powered Systems)
IP2482UW Underwater Track System is designed specifically for underwater applications with special seals, water lubricated bearings and track components that expell debris.

/ Tracked Bobcat MT50 and Toro Dingo #12  
Sounds like a great idea. I hear there's big money to be made in underwater mowing! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Tracked Bobcat MT50 and Toro Dingo #13  
all kidding aside, there was an entry in farm show magazine last year where a guy is cleaning ponds, of all sizes, with a converted combine. me, that i want to get out of the residential mowing and get contracts with the state to mow hillsides along highways with charlies series machine. would not be adverse some winter to build one of those pond cleaning combines.

/ Tracked Bobcat MT50 and Toro Dingo #14  
I was only half kidding. My wife's neice's husband designed and manufactured machinery for cleaning out choked lakes, ponds,etc. It was like a floating backhoe with various attachments for clearing plant growth and cleaning up oil spills. He did quite well with it.

/ Tracked Bobcat MT50 and Toro Dingo #15  
what does a thing like this cost?

/ Tracked Bobcat MT50 and Toro Dingo #16  
I have no idea; but think about the cost of a custom backhoe, plus a barge to mount it on= serious money. I tried to find a picture of it, but their website isn't up anymore. The name of the company is Aquatics Unlimited Intl. They did a lot of sales and work overseas; cleaning water hiacynth out of the Nile in Uganda, etc. I used to have some brochures, if I find one I'll scan it and post a picture.

/ Tracked Bobcat MT50 and Toro Dingo #17  
great, thanks, am looking forward. in the meantime i am getting farm shows cd, so i can search the floating combine.