Toto tiller

/ Toto tiller #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
I have an old Kubota B6100 that I’d like to add a tiller to.
Sandy soil, no rocks, I’d like to turn loads of manure into the sand.
Any recommendations
I’ve seen astronomical pricing and I’m hoping that I’m just seeing larger tillers than what I’m needing.
These areas are fairly small garden areas.
Lots of them though so trying to do the work by hand would be very labor intensive
Thanks

Last edited:
   / Toto tiller #3  
Get one at least as wide as your tractor. If it is new ground you might have to go over it 2 or 3 times.

/ Toto tiller #4  
I drug a 5 foot around on a tractor that had 76" tire spacing for years. That was a lot easier than letting tires in.

/ Toto tiller #5  
I have an old Kubota B6100 that I’d like to add a tiller to.
Sandy soil, no rocks, I’d like to turn loads of manure into the sand.
Any recommendations
I’ve seen astronomical pricing and I’m hoping that I’m just seeing larger tillers than what I’m needing.
These areas are fairly small garden areas.
Lots of them though so trying to do the work by hand would be very labor intensive
Thanks
With only 12 pto hp, a 42" or 48" would probably work in your sandy soil. Used ones that small are scarce. And you only have 400 lbs of lift so a bigger one may be to heavy to lift even if you remove a few tines.

Everything is getting expensive today.

/ Toto tiller #6  
I forgot to say that the PTO on the 6100 might turn the wrong way, so check that out it seems like I read this some place.

/ Toto tiller #7  
Toto tiller. I keep seeing in my mind's eye a field of small dogs buried with just their front legs and head showing. And a tractor with a rototiller raised just above the ground getting ready to lower it. I know, I'm sick.
Eric

/ Toto tiller #8  
Toto tiller. I keep seeing in my mind's eye a field of small dogs buried with just their front legs and head showing. And a tractor with a rototiller raised just above the ground getting ready to lower it. I know, I'm sick.
Eric

Does that PTO. Drive shaft still look like it hit a kennel or 2 :)