Toro Zero Turn

/ Toro Zero Turn #1  

PearlWhiteGT

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland T1510
Stopped by our local HD and they had a 50" Toro Time Cutter with MyRIDE Zero Turn on clearance for 75% off. Regular price was 4199.00 and was marked down to $1049.75. I inquired about it to see what the deal was with it and all they new was that it was a customer return for transmission issue. It looked brand new still other than you could tell it had been sitting outside for a good while. It was originally on clearance for 25% off, then 50% off and then 75%. Asked for the key to test it out and everything functioned fine so wasn't sure what they were talking about.

The manager said its being sold as is and no returns but it did still have the manufactures 3 year warranty and if there was any issues with it then I could have Toro take care of it at our local service center. I ended up purchasing it and taking it to my brothers house who has a big empty lot. Cut his entire lot without any issues.

Any of you have any experience with this machine?

Nu8k1OJ.jpg

yONV4ue.jpg

1Bqxmm4.jpg

/ Toro Zero Turn #2  
Toro makes fine equipment. The Toro pro line is very popular in our area with a very good local dealer. Yours is definitely a consumer grade model but should still be fine in comparison to other consumer grade zero turns sold at HD or Lowes. I would be sure to check fluid levels. . . . oil and hydraulic. I would grease anything that can be greased and make sure drive belt and deck belts are good. If properly maintained should give you years of service.

/ Toro Zero Turn #3  
WOW! Sounds like you got a steal. I’ve never owned one but Toro has a great reputation. You decide you don’t want it let me know and I’ll pay what you paid even if it’s on fire.

/ Toro Zero Turn #4  
That's a once in a lifetime deal,enjoy your ride.

/ Toro Zero Turn
Toro makes fine equipment. The Toro pro line is very popular in our area with a very good local dealer. Yours is definitely a consumer grade model but should still be fine in comparison to other consumer grade zero turns sold at HD or Lowes. I would be sure to check fluid levels. . . . oil and hydraulic. I would grease anything that can be greased and make sure drive belt and deck belts are good. If properly maintained should give you years of service.
The only fluid levels to check are the oil and fuel. The hydrostatic trans on these machines are supposedly sealed systems. There really isn't any grease fitting other than on the wheels. I'm going to give it a real good look over this weekend and address anything that I find.

/ Toro Zero Turn #6  
The only fluid levels to check are the oil and fuel. The hydrostatic trans on these machines are supposedly sealed systems. There really isn't any grease fitting other than on the wheels. I'm going to give it a real good look over this weekend and address anything that I find.

Read the manual or find one online. Some are hard to find, there is probably a grease zerk on the drive belt idler arm up under the engine and one on the mower belt idler arm. Could be one on each spindle as well.

/ Toro Zero Turn #7  
I bought a Craftsman Professional at the Sears Outlet for a deal like that. It was marked down to $1100 and I still have it 13 years later. It's as good as the day I bought it. I loan it out now to a friend who uses it and returns it in the fall and I repair and maintain it to my specs and return it in the spring for use again. So far it'll last my lifetime as his house I bet lol.

/ Toro Zero Turn
Thanks. Considering it's been sitting outside for a while I'd like to give it a good washing and cleaning. Are there any areas I should avoid getting wet?

/ Toro Zero Turn #9  
I bought the same machine from a Toro dealer last fall sans the my ride system. No issues at all with it.

Not knowing how much the previous owner ran it, the engine oil/ filter should be changed. The manual specifies an 8 hour break in period.

/ Toro Zero Turn
I'm leaning towards inspecting it over really well, giving it a good cleaning and putting it up for sale. I'm still undecided though. Really don't need it due to having a new Scag Patriot 52".