Toro Workman 3200 project...anyone have one of these?

/ Toro Workman 3200 project...anyone have one of these? #1  

dfkrug

Tractor
05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe, XN08 mini-X
I got one of these recently. Price was right (free, delivered). It has a transmission problem that I plan to fix.

Anyone have one of these? Not much on Utube.

This one is 2wd, with diff-lock, 3-cylinder Mitsubishi gasoline-powered 4-stroke, with hydraulic dump. Trans is a synchronized manual 3-speed with high and low ranges. Foot-operated dry clutch. It is also available with 4x4 and power steering.

I have driven it and it is impressive in that it has fantastic turning radius and enormous load capacity. Real hydraulics for a massive dump bed. Capacity is way beyond any side-by-side UTV I have ever seen. Empty weight is about 1400#

It came with a spare scrapped 4x4 Workman transmission, made by TuffTorq.

I will probably post my repair documentation efforts here.
Workman_3.jpg

Workman_1.jpg

Workman_2.jpg

/ Toro Workman 3200 project...anyone have one of these? #2  
Don't have one, but you can get all the info you need here: Parts | Toro

Get the model and serial number of yours.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 16.57.53.png

/ Toro Workman 3200 project...anyone have one of these? #3  
I also don't have one, but it's very similar to my diesel Deere Progator which I have been extremely pleased with. These are much heavier duty than the UTV or golf cart based models -they are really more like a small tractor. Mine has a single circuit hydraulic remote out the back controlled by an SCV next to the gear shifter that really adds to the utility. Good luck with your repair

/ Toro Workman 3200 project...anyone have one of these?
Toro is one of the better makers when it comes to sharing parts and service info. I have the service manual already. I wish I could say the same for JD and Kubota.

I have a local golf course contact, and this unit spent 5000 hours there since new. Current models run $35K or so for fully-optioned units. They are hideous looking, so not too many have been purchased by private landowners/farmers/ranchers, who prefer the Gators, Mules, and RTVs.

...it's very similar to my diesel Deere Progator....
Yes. The JD ProGator seems to be amazingly similar to the Toro. Also has enormous capacity and synchromesh manual trans. I have never seen one in person, so I posted a photo of a used 2020A for sale at TractorHouse. Deere promos call it a "Turf Utility Vehicle".

Better looking than the Toro, for sure. Also, well North of $30K for a new one.

Attachments

• ProGator_2020a.jpg
    ProGator_2020a.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 58
   / Toro Workman 3200 project...anyone have one of these? #6  
Toro is one of the better makers when it comes to sharing parts and service info. I have the service manual already. I wish I could say the same for JD and Kubota.

I have a local golf course contact, and this unit spent 5000 hours there since new. Current models run $35K or so for fully-optioned units. They are hideous looking, so not too many have been purchased by private landowners/farmers/ranchers, who prefer the Gators, Mules, and RTVs.
Hideous looking? I don't think so at all. In fact it looks perfect for what it is and meant to do. It looks like it is easy to get into and out of, easy to operate controls, and easily accessible dump bed. With another seat and the right person you could even take it out on a date. How long is the bed?
Eric

/ Toro Workman 3200 project...anyone have one of these? #7  
Hideous looking? I don't think so at all. In fact it looks perfect for what it is and meant to do. It looks like it is easy to get into and out of, easy to operate controls, and easily accessible dump bed. With another seat and the right person you could even take it out on a date. How long is the bed?
Eric
Definitely needs "the right person"...

Eric
As I said above, the Workman is extremely practical, enough so that I want one. As for looks, which is a separate topic entirely, let's just say that I have a friend who thinks his Prius is good-looking.

Oh, yeah, the bed is 67x56x14" outside dimensions.

/ Toro Workman 3200 project...anyone have one of these? #10  
As I said above, the Workman is extremely practical, enough so that I want one. As for looks, which is a separate topic entirely, let's just say that I have a friend who thinks his Prius is good-looking.

Oh, yeah, the bed is 67x56x14" outside dimensions.
So the bed is plenty long enough for a date night. Or for lumber. Did I say that? I meant wood. Well, you know what I mean.
Eric