Top links ends

/ Top links ends #1  

Splinterguy

Tractor
JD 4400
Does anyone know of a source for the ball and socket ends on a three point hitch? I am hoping to find a supplier of the ends only, rather than buying a whole top link just to cut the ends off, only to weld them on again elsewhere.

Thanks for your help.

/ Top links ends #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( anyone know of a source for the ball and socket ends on a three point hit )</font>

I would expect most tractor dealers to have them, or you could find them at Tractor Supply Co. or even Northern Tool & Equipment Company.

/ Top links ends #4  
Richard,

Most tractor supply stores can obtain them, but rarely carry ex-stock.

I recently built a hydraulic top link and had need to find the ends. What an eye opener. Two agri dealers informed me that a Cat 1 top link was cheaper to buy and chop off the two ends than it was to order them seperately.

It is however a different story with the Cat 2 items, which are heavier pressings and variations.

It might be worth pricing the cheapest method of achieving your end result.

Nigel

/ Top links ends #5  
The Tractor supply stores in my area have them (sometimes). I think you can order from Speeco too.

/ Top links ends #6  
260484-Ball%20%26%20socket%20toplinkparts.jpg

I have a couple Cat II weld-on ends, but you may be able to buy the entire top-link assembly for only a few dollars more... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 260484-Ball & socket toplinkparts.jpg
    260484-Ball & socket toplinkparts.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 296
   / Top links ends #7  
Ric,
Agri Supply sells them. Check out their web site at www.agri-supply.com or you need the free Acrobat Reader to view THEIR CATALOG, check out page 32. You can call them at 1-800-345-0169 Mon.-Fri. 7:30-5:30 Eastern time.
I ordered a hydraulic line from them at $8.99 that my JD dealer wanted $40.00 for.
Hope this helps

/ Top links ends #8  
I have ordered quite a bit from Agri-Supply. Nothing but satisfied here.

/ Top links ends
Bird and others,
Thanks for the quick help. I see that purchasing them loose or cutting them from a top link is about a break even proposition for Cat I. I will probably end up ordering loose ends as that will save the time cutting them off of a complete assembly.

/ Top links ends #10  
"Forged weld on ball sockets" are listed in the Princess Auto catalog. The Cat 1 toplink weld on is listed at $13.49 CDN.

Kevin