Top 5 in 5 ???

/ Top 5 in 5 ??? #1  

HRS

Gold Member
It seems I have a nearby Montana Dealer now. He is former Cub Cadet and right across the road from NH. Very nice looking place. Has a two bay service garage, office is a nicely positioned modular unit with deck, concrete yard and high chain link all the way around. And sitting right next to all his little mowers are all these pretty green tractors. Looking over those on his lot, I kind of liked the 2740 but wished it had just a little more on the engine. Well, I've discovered since returning home that such exist in the form of the 3240.

Anyway, a few questions: Why is LG changing name to LS? Is it the "Cable" portion that they have outgrown?

What exactly does top 5 in 5 years mean? Who are they anticipating to dethrown?

/ Top 5 in 5 ??? #2  
Hello HRS. The 3240 is basically the same as the 2740. I really like the 2740 and they have been an excellent reliable tractor with many happy owners.

In that size range and need the 2740 is a great value, excellnt built, good price machine. To jump up to a 30 or 32 is where it gets me. If I go from the 2740 to the 3240 the price is enough difference for me that I would go to the 3040 for not much more.

The differences are huge. The 3040 has the 4 cyl. Mitsu. (3 cyl Daedong is awesome however) engine that I love, the 12x12 shuttle, draft, electric hydraulic pto, folding roll bar, rear work light, two rear remotes and about 800+ lbs. heavier (if weight is important).

For a guy who only needs the 2740 and it is nice, then just buy the 2740 but if jumping to a 30+ hp machine then for me I feel the 3040 is just really worth it.

Now, I know 3 people who have 3240 and love them and they could not justify the extra for a 3040 but wanted that extra hp. If that is the case for you then the 3240 is reliable, strong and will save over the 3040.

Lots to think about in this.

LG is so huge and diverse that they needed to do some dividing up. It is still the same folks as I understand but they divided into different business groups.

LS stands for Leading Solutions and even with the new business groups the LS Cable is still as I understand it one of the top 20 companies in South Korea. Combined they were the second largest company second only to Samsung. LS Cable business group or business family consists of LS Phillips LCD , LS Petro Chemical , LG Dow Polycarbonate , They have so many and so huge I would direct you to the LS Agricultural Machinery Division and look at the bottom of the page for the LS Family Site and you can see all the LS and LG sites.

I know by Montana's most recent news, product releases, dealer network expansion, purchases etc. show the companies desire and plans. As far as 5 in 5 I would not know.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Top 5 in 5 ???
Very interesting reading. The comment on one of their pages concerning NH caught my eye. Details were not given. Are these two companies still collaborating or was that something that occured at a previous date?

Thanks

/ Top 5 in 5 ??? #4  
Which comment was that?

Thanks,
Maka

/ Top 5 in 5 ???
This paragraph was found on the link Factory Introduction on LS Agricultural Machinery home page

"Tractors, our main products, are classified into two groups: tractors manufactured entirely by LS Tractor and tractors introduced by New Holland.
Each model is also divided into frame-type tractors and cabin-type tractors, according to the type of safety device."

/ Top 5 in 5 ??? #6  
I am sure that his saying "Top 5-in-5" pertains to Montana's aspirations to be on of the top 5 tractor suppliers in the NA market in the next 5 years (by 2010).

/ Top 5 in 5 ???
Top 5 in 5 is not my saying. That comes directly from Montana's vision statement. I know that Deere, Kubota, New Holland and Massey are some of the most recognized names around. Kioti, Mahindra, Farmtrac, and Branson have also been working hard for quite a number of years to establish themselves, and are also very recognizable. Of course there are probably some others I have have missed. So I think you can understand my surprise when I read that Montana has actually picked a position in the "pecking order," if you would. Still curious as to what that means.

Also, is my computer translating Korean correctly? Has anyone else visited the site Maka provided the link to? I've returned at least four times to make sure I wasn't geting a faulty translation, etc. and it reads the same each time I visit it. I have another question, but it will have to wait.

/ Top 5 in 5 ??? #8  
your right, that is Montana's saying. Obviously they, along with several other companies are shooting to be one of the top five distributors of tractors under 100hp by 2010...only time will tell if they are able to make it. However, when you consider some of the companies they are up against it will be an uphill struggle. Of course that goes for any tractor company trying to compete with the likes of Kubota, John Deere, etc. Only downside that I see to Montana is that they do not actually make any of their tractors. Obviously LG provides all their current line, with TYM coming on board later in 2006 to help broaden their product offerings.

Should be interesting to see what happens to the compact market over the next several years. I have a feeling at least two brands will be gone by 2010, only the strong will survive.

/ Top 5 in 5 ??? #9  
Lots of interesting stuff happening. Goals are a good thing and if you don't have any you don't achieve. If you have goals then set the bar high. With top notch management, excellent products, great service, sound finance a company can achieve a lot.

I worked for a company for many years that Nokia, Ericsson, Motorola and many other tried to dismiss. They kept to their plan and now dominate a sector many thought impossible. In fact, look at your LG cell phone, Samsung, Ericsson, Audiovox and others and you will see a little sticker that says CDMA by Qualcomm. Qualcomm is in a drivers seat that has lots of control and no one except those involved ever thought it possible.

This company was started in late 80's and no one gave them a chance against the "big boys". They had a vision, top management and excellent products and they are now a major force in an industry that dismissed them.

All of this is to say that if you set your goal high but within reach and have the right tools you can do a lot.

I have great faith in Montana and see no reason they won't reach the goals they have set out before them.

We will have to wait and see.

Thanks,
Maka