Toothbar - replaceable teeth?

/ Toothbar - replaceable teeth? #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
I'm finally getting around to getting a toothbar for the Woods model 1012 loader on my NH TC33D. Woods sells two models: Standard w/ welded on teeth, and deluxe with replaceable teeth (the deluxe also fits over a bolt on cutting edge, which I do not have).

Any comments on how desirable the replaceable teeth are? I'm not doing any commercial work with this unit, but I would like to dig out a few good sized rocks, and some stumps (most stumps less than 4 - 5"), along with some general earth moving. I wasn't sure how likely it would be that I'd ever need to replace the teeth. Also, not sure how good a fit I'll get with the deluxe bar, without the cutting edge installed (don't want to loose any more lift capacity than necessary)

Any comments would be appreciated.

John Mc

/ Toothbar - replaceable teeth? #2  
I have a JD 790 and have replaceable teeth on my removeable tooth bar. I have used it around 140 hours to move a hill from one side of the driveway to the other to fill in 10,000 years of eroison. The teeth ends were orginially 1/4 in blunt ends, now they are sharp as a axe and can pickup logs by sticking the teeth into them. By the wear I'm getting I looks like I'd need to replace them at around 500 hours of digging. But, the sharp teeth making digging in clay a whole lot eaiser.

/ Toothbar - replaceable teeth? #3  
John,
I don't have an opinion on the replaceable teeth as I've only had my toothbar for about a month.

But I do have the deluxe Woods toothbar and am very happy with the fit. It seems the V just gets wider near the back to accomodate the bolt-on cutting edge (which I do not have). If you push the toothbar back far enough, the bucket lip fits into the V, giving it a nice tight fit. I take it if you had the bolt-on cutting edge, it wouldn't slide back quite as far and your holes would need to be drilled slightly forward.

I've attached a picture of the replaceable teeth. I wish I had a picture of the fit (from the side), but I don't have one with me. I can take one if you'd like. The shadow makes it look like there is a gap, but it is actually very snug.

Hope this helps.

--Brad

/ Toothbar - replaceable teeth? #4  
Brad,

OOPS! No picture!

/ Toothbar - replaceable teeth? #5  
Forgot the pic. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Attachments

• 5-130270-toothbar1.JPG
    5-130270-toothbar1.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 64
   / Toothbar - replaceable teeth? #6  
Garry,
You're too quick! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

That's the problem with work, I get interrupted and just hit send. I need a sign 'Do Not Disturb - TBN time'. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

--Brad

/ Toothbar - replaceable teeth? #7  
I hear you Brad. I'm at work too, but on a Monday, I figure I have to ease into the work week/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. What better way than to see what's been going on at TBN? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I've been interrupted while at work too (I hate that - how can I keep up with you guys if they keep interrupting me??), and have forgotten to hit the continue button when posting a message. Later, I go back to that thread to see what other comments have been made and don't see my post. Like - I did post it, right?/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif Maybe I didn't. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Toothbar - replaceable teeth?
Thanks for the picture of the replaceable teeth. If you get a chance, a pic of how it fits over the bucket edge would be appreciated. It looks as though the side bracket on the toothbar might have slotted bolt holes? If so, it might be possible to fit either with or without a bolt on cutting edge by just sliding to one end or the other of the slots??

John Mc.

/ Toothbar - replaceable teeth? #9  
John, you're right. It does have a slotted bolt hole. Hope this picture helps.

5-130930-toothbar3.jpg

--Brad

Attachments

• 5-130930-toothbar3.jpg
    5-130930-toothbar3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 61
   / Toothbar - replaceable teeth?
Brad

Nice pictures... thanks.

Do you have a cutting edge installed, or is that the bucket edge in the photo?

John