TOOLCAT TRIVIA??

/ TOOLCAT TRIVIA?? #1  

Big_Daddy

Tractor
06' Toolcat 5600 Turbo, High Flow, Road Pkg, Headache Rack, AM/FM/Cassette
I've got a 2003 Bobcat Worksaver Magazine that says the 5600 Toolcat weighs in at 4,400lbs.

I've got a 2005 Bobcat Worksaver Magazine that says the 5600 Toolcat weighs in at 4,755lbs.

Visually, the 2003 Toolcat appears to be a twin to the 2005 Toolcat.

So why does the 2005 Toolcat weigh a wopping 355lbs more?? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Do ya see the face above? That's the same look my salesman had when I asked him that question......So much for product knowledge /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TOOLCAT TRIVIA?? #2  
Big_Daddy,

The Feb 2004 Toolcat brochure lists weights of 4755 lbs. for non-Turbo and 4820 lbs. for 5600 Turbo, without attachments. Those are the weights for the B-series units.

My hunch is the earlier A-series units in 2003 and early 2004 weighed less mostly because of lighter axles (Bobcat even replaced all A-series axles with B-series ones).

The specs in my Jan 2005 version of my B-series manual list an Operating Weight of 5345 lbs., but I think this includes bucket attachment and ?. Others specs include tipping load SAE rating of 3000 lbs., loader ROC of 1500 lbs. at full height, and total rated capacity of 4200 lbs. (combined weight of load on lift arm, cargo box load, operator, passenger and tow weight).

What will your C-series weigh? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TOOLCAT TRIVIA??
Hey Brian,

I new they replaced the axles, but I guess I sort of doubted that the new axles could weigh 355lbs more! But, I'll bet your right. I don't know of any other major changes.

And thanks for posting the 3,000lb tipping load, I wondered what that figure was. That tells me that it is at least "possible" for a Toolcat to unload a pallet of sod off a flatbed trailer. If the boom will be strong enough is yet to be seen.

I almost spent 10K more to order an A300 to insure I could move pallets with minimum ground disturbance. I would have been very disappointed if I had purchased the A300, only to find the the Toolcat could lift a pallet of sod.

Thanks for your response /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike