toolcat traction control

/ toolcat traction control #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
need some feedback, just picked up a 2003 toolcat, regarding traction control, I have the wheels aligned, stopped and push the switch, the switch is down light side, sprung the opposite, if I hold the switch back should the light illuminate? instantly or take time, obviously if I let go of the switch it resets, how can I check this opperation

thanks

/ toolcat traction control #2  
laurencen,

I'm assuming you are referencing the Differential Lock on your center console?

My units are a 'B' series and if they are the same the switch should illuminate when engaged and go out the minute you release.

Let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

/ toolcat traction control
timm9, the switch is in the console, rear wheels centered but no light so assume its not engaging, where does one start to figure whats wrong? there is no fuse for this in manual, is there a procedure to troubleshoot

/ toolcat traction control #4  
laurencen,

If it were me I would start by removing the center console to see if the electrical connection to the switch has come loose. You will need a Torx screw driver (25?)and I believe a 8mm socket for the bolts below the hand/arm rest which pulls off. When you get the console loose keep in mind that there are additional electrical connections i.e. boom controls, etc. that you don't want to disturb or cause to come loose. If that is not the answer you will need to find a wiring diagram and start tracing the wires. I'm assuming there is a solenoid that controls the activation of the Diff Lock. Check the connections and if all is tight I would remove the solenoid and see if there is a testing procedure. It might be prudent once you confirm the electrical connections tightness to order the replacement solenoid. Due to my distance to a dealer I keep extra relays, filters, blower fans, 7 pin cables, etc. on hand because equipment does not typically break down on sunny clear days...:) Good luck and please post your progress and resolution.

/ toolcat traction control #5  
The rear wheel alignment light must be on to send confirmation to controller that rear wheels are not turned to any angle. The alignment may have moved over time so although the rears are straight the sensor may be detecting an angle. Move the steering very slowly watch for the indicator light to come on then look at the rear wheels. If they are at an angle a sensor re-alignment is needed and if light never comes on that failure needs to be corrected first.

rear wheel steer light is on, they look straight, its been cold here so had no time to work on it, hopefully the coming weekend

during the install of the 7 pin plug for controlling the snowblower I investigated further the traction issue as the center console was removed

what I found is the switch has no power on any terminal, the switch works fine with a ohm meter so its a power issue, anyone know it gets the power from? I checked fuses again and all good