Toolcat 5600 diff lock issue

/ Toolcat 5600 diff lock issue #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
hi, on my Toolcat series A got a couple issues that I need to look at, first the diff lock does not work, looking at the schematic the power to allow the console switch to lock the diff comes from the rear wheel centering, with 4 wheel steer off and back axle aligned with light on, when the diff lock switch is held it does not light up or function

is there a fuse between the steer switch and diff lock switch?

second the 4 wheel steer, one thing I notice is on flat ground the rear steer works well but deep snow or soft ground it often seems sluggish and goes out of alignment with the front axle quite quickly, is this a bad seal or something more complex

/ Toolcat 5600 diff lock issue #2  
To help future info seekers, we need an update please.

/ Toolcat 5600 diff lock issue
To help future info seekers, we need an update please.

sorry no update, was hoping someone could give me a idea how the lock works and where it gets power

/ Toolcat 5600 diff lock issue #4  
First you need to clarify the issue. Sounds like your talking about AWS and FWS mode? If the wheel centering indicator light is lit you have power on the select circuit. If rear wheels are not staying centered you may have a bad steering valve or cylinder. :confused3:

Jabonee, there is power at the 4 wheel select switch because the rear axle light comes on to show its centered, there is no power at the switch to engage the diff lock,

/ Toolcat 5600 diff lock issue #6  
Didn't know the A model had diff lock option. On later models the light does not come on till axel engages it. It fools a lot of people. They expect the light to come on when they press the button. Think of it like on demand. :thumbsup:

well update got the diff lock working, long story and a couple hours tracing wires, the power was not between the 2-4 wheel steer switch and the diff lock switch, its not a jumper and had power on the switch, the wire goes into the harness and connector on cab rear, thro another harness looping back to cab, what I found the 2-4 wheel steer switch had a bent spade from the connector not aligned, real hard to see as the switch had power just not connected to the connector, bent the spade and replaced the connector contact in the connector and got power

this is a first where the spade on the switch bends enough to go besides the plastic connector block, I must have pulled the connector off half dozen times and never noticed the bent spade

fun times for sure

/ Toolcat 5600 diff lock issue #8  
Good deal. :thumbsup: