Toolcat 5600 D Error code 18-07 Spool Lock Open

/ Toolcat 5600 D Error code 18-07 Spool Lock Open #1  

BosxterGT

Tractor
Toolcat 5600 D
New member and a lot to learn here. Bought a 2008 5600D model w 1500 hours. Really love this machine, but all used vehicles have issues I know.
As the title says. Dealer tells me its a break in the wiring or bad connection, or the spool lock itself.
Is there a fuse for this? Cannot find any fuse related to Lift Arm operation in the Service Manual.
To access the Spool Lock solenoid the manual says to remove the Joy Stick, and to do that I must disconnect the wire for the control at top. It runs down into the lower part of the console but cannot find a connection. Also cannot find the plug to the Spool Lock. Its under there somewhere.
Also finding just about all the 6mm screws that hold the access panel covers are rusted/frozen and must be drilled out.
FRUSTRATED!

/ Toolcat 5600 D Error code 18-07 Spool Lock Open
Anyone out there know what fuse supplies +12v to the Tilt Spool Lock?
This would help a lot to trace back the Open Circuit.
Len

I have the service manual and it does not show a fuse to the lift arm operation or to a spool lock.
I will pull, check & clean every fuse I can find as a first step. Will also look again to find the plug for the wires that run down along the Joy stick so I can remove same.

Dealer tells me there is NO FUSE going to the Spool Lock controlling the bucket tilt.
Its an OPEN according to the 18-07 Fault code.
So, this has to come apart from the console down. Now to get the Joystick off and pull the console cover to reach the spool lock solenoid.

/ Toolcat 5600 D Error code 18-07 Spool Lock Open #6  
Hey I’m having the same issue. How did you make out with this? I found what I think is the spool lock, but I’m not seeing any wires broke. Even though there was a mouse nest I pulled out of there. Wondering where you had a broken wire or how you fixed this. Thanks

/ Toolcat 5600 D Error code 18-07 Spool Lock Open #7  
What series is your Toolcat?

Might not hear from BosxterGT:

BosxterGT.png

Maybe someone else will respond.

/ Toolcat 5600 D Error code 18-07 Spool Lock Open #8  
Hey I’m having the same issue. How did you make out with this? I found what I think is the spool lock, but I’m not seeing any wires broke. Even though there was a mouse nest I pulled out of there. Wondering where you had a broken wire or how you fixed this. Thanks
This is often caused by a faulty panel. Contact us, we will give you the instructions for troubleshooting this error, after you get the results we will make the respective conclusions. You can find us at www.isoscell.com

Attachments

• 66CCB4B2-ED0C-4821-B7D7-CD2125233F60.jpeg
    66CCB4B2-ED0C-4821-B7D7-CD2125233F60.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 150
   / Toolcat 5600 D Error code 18-07 Spool Lock Open #9  
Coil next to the joystick is the problem when randomly getting locked out of boom or bucket function. Wish I had know this! Can post more info if necessary.

/ Toolcat 5600 D Error code 18-07 Spool Lock Open #10  
Coil next to the joystick is the problem when randomly getting locked out of boom or bucket function. Wish I had know this! Can post more info if necessary.
More details would be much appreciated. I randomly get locked out, but from tilt only