Too thin to plow

/ Too thin to plow #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360

Interesting recovery using a (forgot the name) trailer.

Bruce

/ Too thin to plow #2  
I can so easily visualize one of the nylon tow straps breaking, potentially powering the tow chains through the windshield of the bogged tractor.

Nor were I a bystander, would I stand so close to the towing rig.

/ Too thin to plow #3  
If thats a kinetic synthetic rope no worries. Looks like the guys pulling the Deere out were a recovery team. If so, they wouldn't be using nylon straps.

/ Too thin to plow #4  
Whoa!! I belonged to a off-road 4WD drive club when we lived in AK. One recovery operation. The wire cable broke and came back. Deep grove across the Bronco hood and cut the windshield in half. They should have had some sort of inertia dampening equipment( a heavy wool blanked - stretched out across the wire cable) in use.

/ Too thin to plow #5  
If thats a kinetic synthetic rope no worries. Looks like the guys pulling the Deere out were a recovery team. If so, they wouldn't be using nylon straps.

The video is clear. The lead from the recovery vehicle is two nylon straps looped together, transitioning to chain.

Too light chain, too, in my opinion.

I am 74 years old. I still have both arms, both legs and a full complement of fingers, toes and eyes.

Last edited:
   / Too thin to plow #6  
Well Jeff, the kinetic ropes can look like the straps your referring to.

I worked 34 years in mining and used kinetic ropes to pull out stuck 400 ton haul trucks. If they break, they fall on the ground.

No way would that recovery crew use nylon straps.

/ Too thin to plow #7  
Looks kinda like a trailer to haul roll off dumpsters.

Couldnt really see it or how it worked......but what kept the recovery tractor and trailer stationary rather than just drag it towards the stuck tractor?
You-tube is full of videos similar to this......Dont get me wrong....I have been stuck. But I always gotta wonder just what they were thinking? Like this video? Were they seriously thinkng they can plow that field?

/ Too thin to plow #8  
I guess European farmers and American farmers have one thing in common, no brains. Same crap happens around here. Just gotta get out as soon as the snow is gone and start plowing even though some common sense tells you it's soggy muddy underneath.... I never do that stuff. I wait.

Besides caked on mud is hard to get off. Besides getting stuck, it destroys a field too.