TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,363  
Hi, my name is John. I'm addicted to red paint. :ROFLMAO:
Mine is Bill, My perversion is anything made of iron. I grew up 1/2 mile from the IH dealer, so most of my iron is red.
I apologize, IH stopped making bulldozers too soon, mine is Dresser, TD7G not far in serial number from Gordon Gould.
My backhoe is Case 580 SuperN.

At the antique tractor pull next day, Mrs B. once asked: "How many of these are yours?" Deer in the headlights, I didn't have a quick answer for her. To her, a red tractor is all she sees. As long as they aren't lined up, she can't count them.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,364  
I need to purchase some gas the grass is knee deep.
Used tractor to unload a post hole digger

willy

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,365  
Hi, my name is John. I'm addicted to red paint. :ROFLMAO:
It is pretty and I ran my red one yesterday (pulled it up into my shop so that I could remove the snowplow and rear tire chains). I’m definitely a little more addicted to the green paint though.
IMG_4242.jpeg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,366  
During mud season there is not a lot I can do. The ground is frozen 3 or 4 feet down except the top which become a slurry. So you make ruts and holes. Water has no place to go so it just sits there.

EndOfWinter.JPG

But I got some roadside/powerline maintenance done.

RoadSideTrim1.JPG

RoadSideTrim2.JPG

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,367  
It is pretty and I ran my red one yesterday (pulled it up into my shop so that I could remove the snowplow and rear tire chains). I’m definitely a little more addicted to the green paint though.
View attachment 862333
My first tractor at age 9 was a Cub. Dad & I built a homemade wooden snow plow. Push rods, hop hornbeam trunks, pivoted under the seat. Made a L shaped of square tube piece passed through the casting behind the front axle. A plank cross member there had a square hole to keep the push rods centered between the front axles. "Plow blade" was flat of three planks on 3" angle iron verticals as frame.
It wasn't the best snow plow rig in the north, but it was better than the little snow blower we had before it. I plowed 6 driveways in thosse days.

The engine was at a rebuilder in 2011 when a flash flood went through the building it was stored in. Drained it. It still awaits reassembly.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,368  
I took my chains off today. If we get enough snow to need them for plowing I will stay home until it melts. :D20240414_114757.jpg
Then sliced up a cedar log. 20240414_141706.jpgIt's been sitting for a year and a half and the bark has peeled off but it's unbelievable how much dirt splashes up when it rains. I don't have SR's water supply but have learned to wash them off with a garden hose. That way I don't ruin a blade until I bounce it off a log stop... which I still haven't learned not to do.20240414_160642.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,369  
During mud season there is not a lot I can do. The ground is frozen 3 or 4 feet down except the top which become a slurry. So you make ruts and holes. Water has no place to go so it just sits there.

View attachment 862349

But I got some roadside/powerline maintenance done.

View attachment 862350

View attachment 862351

gg
I visited you once several years ago. I was well impressed with your world. I could improve on your welder. I was surprised about the differences with your crawler & mine. If I recall something like 500 difference between your serial # and mine. As I remember these tractors were available with 15" tracks, 17" tracks were the same except shoes bored off center. A whole different frame utilized 21" shoes. Mine of course had 16" centered shoes. They gouged the blade pitch cylinders. I added scuff plates on the sides of the C frame.

They weren't enough! I lost a pin under the C frame, it shifted sideways & destroyed the hydraulic cylinder. I ended up finding the lost pin. My son's impressive skills at finding parts took months! Found a cylinder barrel, total cost less than $400.00, plus a lot of hours.

I ended up cutting off an inch of inboard shoes.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,370  
If I recall there is 1/2 inch difference between your pitch & mine. The absolute authority of Dresser crawlers claims to have found a flaw in the parts system. First year warranty issue, he arrived with the wrong parts.