TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,241  
Not much in the way of seat time on the tractor lately... but I got another fun seat to sit in about a week and a half ago. Wife mentioned getting a bike about 2 months ago, I took that bait hook line and sinker! Found a really clean 2003 Suzuki Intruder 1500 with only 6k miles on it, and local to me. Asking price was low, and we brought it home. Rode it to work every day since! Missed riding, not been on a bike in 10+ years...

Nice ride, nothing like getting out and airing out the thoughts. Keep the rubber side down and enjoy. Here are my getaway rides.
61DF40FA-BB93-409A-AE3C-BB6694AA793F.jpg

Jim.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,242  
^^^^
Nice! After thirty years I would need to learn to ride all over again, and all that I ever had little Japanese twins. Now my reflexes are slower, the pavement's harder, and there are a lot more idiots out there. I keep looking and dreaming, but know that I would end up splattered all over the pavement. :(

Plus I'm too old and gray to leave a beautiful corpse. :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,243  
My guess is you have 3/4 cord on a 3/4 ton PU and 1-1/4 on trailer with trailer brakes. Looks like the firewood is cut at random lengths, 16-24". I prefer uniform length, 16-18" so I get uniform heat................

I enjoy your semi sick humor OP

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,244  
Round two of rehabing the driveway at the house my cousin bought a few months ago. Terrible ruts and was a good 6 inches below the level of the lawn. Did one 16 yard load a little over a month ago and let it settle and pack down. Had another 16 yards dropped today. 3/4" crusher run.

You're getting it shaped up nicely for your cousin !!

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,245  
My guess is you have 3/4 cord on a 3/4 ton PU and 1-1/4 on trailer with trailer brakes. Looks like the firewood is cut at random lengths, 16-24". I prefer uniform length, 16-18" so I get uniform heat................

I used to like FREE wood and uniform lengths but the odd lengths give me a cut off piece that I would split in smaller pieces, when I have enough of the smaller pieces to burn, I used to fill the old Vigilant and it would burn for a long time, it should have burned faster will all the air space but if I remember right, they burned so hot I would turn down the stove and it turn get a longer burn.

Of course the best part is FREE, that's used to be for me !

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,247  
Today's seat time consisted on mowing an half acre field about 50 miles away with some brush, lots of canes.

It also gave me an opportunity to test out the homemade loader as I just got it working this week.

I pushed it hard and everything held just fine. Found one flaw that is I can't take the radiator screen out because it will hit the cross bar to the front of the tractor. Need to figure something out on that.

Before:
IMG_20190920_120900.jpg

During:

IMG_20190920_122447.jpg
IMG_20190920_174724.jpg
IMG_20190920_174828.jpg

After (The pile on the right has lots of cedar logs hidden from a storm clean up):

IMG_20190920_175248.jpg

And journey back home:

IMG_20190920_184022.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,248  
ptsg, nice pics. I've never seen the use of a chain as a cutter blade before. How did you do that?

had to chuckle, here in States, pulling a tractor like that would at least require a 3/4 ton diesel...you pull it with
a medium SUV. Does your trailer have its own brakes?

nice job on the loader, that's impressive

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,249  
Today's seat time consisted on mowing an half acre field about 50 miles away with some brush, lots of canes.

It also gave me an opportunity to test out the homemade loader as I just got it working this week.

I pushed it hard and everything held just fine. Found one flaw that is I can't take the radiator screen out because it will hit the cross bar to the front of the tractor. Need to figure something out on that.

View attachment 622042

This is the first loader build I seen, did you save much money or was it just for the thrill? What's that stuff on the front of tractor, is that why you can take the radiator screen out? And dont you want a cutting edge on the bucket........

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,250  
ptsg, nice pics. I've never seen the use of a chain as a cutter blade before. How did you do that?

had to chuckle, here in States, pulling a tractor like that would at least require a 3/4 ton diesel...you pull it with
a medium SUV. Does your trailer have its own brakes?

nice job on the loader, that's impressive

Thank you daugen.

We mainly use chains instead of blades over here. It does a better job on thicker brush, not necessarily this case, but will also handle rocks a lot better as it just skips over it. While a blade would get bent or the cutting edge would get destroyed. It does take a lot more HP from the tractor, that why we don't buy mowers wider than the tractors. We actually get them about 5" smaller.

While you guys needed a bigger truck to pull that but can pull a lot more weigh, we can only go as high as 7700 lbs. My 4x4 can go up to 6200 lbs. My tractor with mower, loader and filled rear tires is around 4400 lbs with the trailer being 1200 lbs. So I still have some margin left that I don't really want to use it though. Anyway, it's legal.

On the brakes, all of our trailer over 700 lbs have what we call inertia brakes, I believe you guys called them surge brakes. All mechanical. As the 4x4 brakes, the hitch collapses and will actuate the brakes. It does work very nice and I can stop really easily.

I do have a thread about the loader with a lot more pictures and details: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/401140-homemade-loader-branson-tractor.html

This is the first loader build I seen, did you save much money or was it just for the thrill? What's that stuff on the front of tractor, is that why you can take the radiator screen out? And dont you want a cutting edge on the bucket........

Even though we don't get OEM loader for any tractor brand here, I did save a lot of money, mainly because I had most of the stuff around and also for the thrill. I do like make this kind of things. It's quite a learning experience, specially when I was machining my own cylinder parts.

I believe I've spent slightly less than 700$ in hoses, seals and steel for the cylinders, hydraulic tubing and some steel for the bucket and round stock for the pins.

In the front of the tractor is a homemade hydraulic winch I made some time ago.

The loader is not finished yet. I will add a cutting edge and I still need to finish the legs so I can take the thing off.

Link for the loader build thread: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/401140-homemade-loader-branson-tractor.html

Link for the winch build thread: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/389331-hydraulic-winch.html?highlight=