TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,331  
yesterday use it to help set a 40' wide tent and move the chairs (300 lbs a stack 9 stacks), tables, dance floor (1000 lbs), stage, tent bags (300 lbs a bag 4 bags) etc from the truck to the spot were we set the tent. most days we can back the truck to the spot. yesterday it was 150ish yds over lumpy fields stuff had to be moved

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,332  
I did a lot of little projects today as I had to keep an eye on the kids. Still I managed to get some stuff done.

1. Laid out one of my existing Heavy haul Roads with stakes and string to take some dips out of the roadway.

2. Filled in a patch of lawn that had washed out

3. Spread fertilizer on the garden

4. Put on the plow and plow the garden

5. Ditched a portion of a Heavy Haul Road that was not draining well

(Took the kids to the park and get ice cream in the middle).

Overall it was a good day to get some small stuff knocked off the to do list.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,333  
Puttered around a little today. Rained off and on and was overcast. I did put some time in the "little seat" cutting up and collecting some dead fall, just some spring cleaning leftover stuff.

20180512_161632.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,334  
Spread some bark using my unloaded and loader. Just turn the crank and the bucket gets loaded. Yes I’m as lazy as I can be when it comes to hard labor!

IMG_0869.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,335  
Today I was at my family's homestead downstate, and spent a little time on the L2800. I cleaned up the sticks and detrimus from winter that my mother had raked up and hauled it down back onto the brush pile. Coming back up I dropped the mower and cut a swath up the road through the field, just to make sure that it's ready to work. Then I loaded the 5' TSC tiller into my Ranger to bring it home for a few weeks; I was surprised at how heavy it is. The truck wasn't overloaded by any means but I was glad that I replaced the front pads and rotors last week.

I replaced the fuel petcock and sediment bowl on the TO35, and cracked the water pump bolts to make sure they will come off easily. Next time down I'll drain the coolant and change the pump, put some non-ethanol gas in and (hopefully) do some mowing.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,336  
Spread some bark using my unloaded and loader. Just turn the crank and the bucket gets loaded. Yes I’m as lazy as I can be when it comes to hard labor!

View attachment 554018

I don’t remember if I already posted a picture or not but that’s the same way I picked up the stone I had to tear off. I’d already torn off the side left of the door before I came up with that idea.Then I dumped it off my dump truck. Btw, my tractor front end didn’t break while carrying those buckets of rock. IMG_4123.JPGIMG_4127.JPGIMG_4130.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,337  
two hours of quality seat time running my Super A thorough the embarrassingly thin corn rows for the very first time.
Never done this before and have been looking forward to it. Set the cultivators fairly wide to make sure I didn't rip up too much
corn and went at it. Started out in a bad section with no corn, just to practice. Learned I had to raise and lower fairly often to dump
off accumulated weeds. There's a reason they got away from these old style cultivators apparently, they jam up much more than rolling ones.
But for what little I do this will be fine.

What was not fine at all was puttering back to the barn when done and looking down at left cultivator to find a pool of oil on it and motor oil dripping steadily
onto it. Great. Six hours and it lets loose after a multiple thousand dollar repair bill. Will try to carefully tighten some bolts today; snug up a seal hopefully.
that was my one primary directive to the repair shop. Stop the leaks, I don't want motor oil in my organic vegetables. And here it is leaking away.
Maybe like an old British motorcycle or a Detroit Diesel it always will. Leakers and drippers but they keep on going. I could put a diaper on it and
hold it down with bungees....;) Now that I look for it I can see the oil on the left cultivator in the second picture.

And then there's the oil pressure gauge which after two hours in 90 degree weather sure doesn't show much oil pressure. Goes up to half nicely when started cold...
Am using straight 30 grade as recommended. ??

Attachments

• DSCN1061.JPG
    DSCN1061.JPG
    537.6 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN1054.JPG
    DSCN1054.JPG
    529.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN1064.JPG
    DSCN1064.JPG
    518.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN1065.JPG
    DSCN1065.JPG
    552.8 KB · Views: 116
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,338  
Leveled out the lower driveway in front of the gate Saturday. Wall contractor spread his leftover rock there, but it was too thick for the gate to swing freely. Took longer to drive there and back than to do the actual work. Carried a small load of wood debris back for the burn pile.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,339  
I leveled up a hole. The toothed bucket on the CTL does a perfect back drag job because the teeth never touch the ground unless I want them to. There’s a bar in the bottom of the bucket that does all the work when back dragging. IMG_4178.JPGIMG_4179.JPGIMG_4181.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,340  
I'm at 9.4 hours yesterday and today moving rock. Boring, but when I looked up at my view this afternoon I thought, "This beats all the years I worked in an office."20180515_140823.jpeg