TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,751  
Easter eggs with a side of bacon!!
Easter Boar 1.jpg

Easter Boar 2.jpg

This old mud covered boar stepped out last night. I watched him for about 1.5 hours as he kept disappearing and then reappearing deep in the woods. I finally figured out he was alternating between lying down to nap and then standing up again. He finally made his way out to the open.

I recovered him this morning in the light. He's a chunk!!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,752  
Was in Academy recently, and they had moved SPP and LPP out to the normal ammo area (used to be behind counter), and also saw H4350 and H110 (single pounds, like 5 of H110 and single H4350) at $35.99/lbs. Primers where $8.99/100.

Powder was a lot better than what I've seen at gunshops; like $75/lbs for popular powders, and $59/lbs for less high demand.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,753  
Decided to do a little bit of shooting on Easter, no pigs for me so not as much fun.

Inherited a bunch of misc 223 ammo from my brother (zombie, bunch of steel case,etc) so grabbed the house gun and went to property.

Then finally got a new 450 bushy finished (AR platform) so I can see how it shoots for next season.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,754  
Was thinking this afternoon about running up 500 124gr cast lead 9mm projectiles, and loading up some spare ammo; but, kinda dreading powder coating. Tried it multiple ways, and had some success, but not consistent success...

seems what worked best, a spoon of PC, a cap full of acetone, and let dry before cooking, sometimes works great, other times, it develops a thick, chunky, layer, that the sizer die doesn't fully even out. Dry tumbling doesn't seem to work well for me, probably humidity related?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,755  
I also sighted in my .375 H&H with it's new Leupold VX6HD 1-6 x 24 firedot scope. Wow!! I'm very impressed with that scope! I hope it holds up well, it has an eland bull hunt in its future.

20 Rounds off a bench, wearing just a t-shirt will get your attention. Especially if you let it get off your shoulder.:D
Bruise.jpg

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,756  
I also sighted in my .375 H&H with it's new Leupold VX6HD 1-6 x 24 firedot scope. Wow!! I'm very impressed with that scope! I hope it holds up well, it has an eland bull hunt in its future.

20 Rounds off a bench, wearing just a t-shirt will get your attention. Especially if you let it get off your shoulder.:D
View attachment 860125
Hate to laugh but I'm laughing with you, my 458lott has bruised me a time or 2. I miss that rifle

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,757  
Hate to laugh but I'm laughing with you, my 458lott has bruised me a time or 2. I miss that rifle
It's all good. It looks worse than it is. No magnum eyebrow at least. That Leupold has some great eye relief.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,758  
It's all good. It looks worse than it is. No magnum eyebrow at least. That Leupold has some great eye relief.
That eye bite is a *****. A 50 bmg nailed me once, seen double and had blood all over.

Wife was shooting her 30-06 once and I seen her creep up on the scope. Don't know why but whatever, I figured I would let her learn. She was cussing like a sailor. She went to shoot a 2nd time and was repeating what she did prior. I had to stop her even though I just got done explaing to her why her brow is bleeding.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,759  

I am glad you didn't break a rib with that thing!!
I don't get out that way much, but was in Denton, Tx a couple weeks ago. Delivered in Tyler, went to Venus to a shop and then up to Sherman to pick up a load going back to Alabama. Had to go back to Denton to get trailer washed out before they would load it. Then I picked up a load back to the house. Took the scenic route out of Sherman, went across to Texarkana to see my Daddy.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,760  
I was shooting my 450 Dakota a while back - has the recoil equivalent of three 30-06 Springfields. Not the biggest gun but enough to get your attention.

I took a shot off the bench and was seeing stars. No Blood and no sore spot above my eye from scope bite. Turns out the scope hit the brim of my baseball hat and that in turn smacked my head backwards with authority! there were two distinct dents in the brim where each side of the eyepiece impacted. I started shooting with the hat on backwards after that.