TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,541  
I recently bought a SS P365 for carry.
I did a lot of research and handled a few before making a decision. There is a fair size selection of compacts available.
I chose the P365 because it is narrow. Easy to conceal and more comfortable than larger options. And all my fingers fit on the the grip with the finger extension mags.

I'm certain any of them will work when you pull the trigger.
Hey Scootr, if you're looking for a kydex iwb holster for that thing, let me recommend a really, REALLY cheap but perfectly excellent option from Amberide. $21, 2 day prime shipping: Amazon.com

Wow, it's a great holster, I'm very pleased. I will add the Dr. Scholl's heel "wedge" thing to it, since I carry appendix.

Honestly, I'm flabbergasted how other brands charge >3 times the cost, with a 4 week lead time (I'm looking at you, Vedder), for nothing more to it than what Amberide offers.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,542  
Picked up the Savage 93 Mininimlist 22WMR, and threw the absolute cheapest 3-9×32 I had in the closet on it. Took a few rounds to get on target at 50 yards, and got everything dialed in at 100 yards. I was feeling better about the 10 shot, until I put the calipers on it. Got 10 rounds into 2.24" and 9 of those where in 1.45".View attachment 851524
Picture is rotated 90 degrees; group is general high of bullseye, and I may bring it down 2 clicks. Ammo was 40 gr winchester soft points. Also picked up 50 rounds of CCI HP MaxiMags.

Group on a front rest and a sock filled with wood shavings as a rear bag.

Considered throwing the Athlon 1-4×24 LPVO on it, but the mount doesn't span between the two piece rail.
That is very nice shooting. Any idea if that “flyer” was the first round? Would be an interesting data point.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,543  
That is very nice shooting. Any idea if that “flyer” was the first round? Would be an interesting data point.
Honestly, I Think that odd ball was like #8 or so, and I probably wasn't focusing 100%.

I'm not going to leave the CV Life 3-9 (think it was $29 on Amazon about 6 years ago) on it; just got to figure out what 'system' I'm gonna rob to get this one set up.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,544  
For the record, between the rings and scope in general; there was a reason I had it laying in the closet, instead of mounted on anything. But, I just wanted to play with my new toy.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,545  
Picked up the Savage 93 Mininimlist 22WMR, .. Took a few rounds to get on target at 50 yards, and got everything dialed in at 100 yards. .. Got 10 rounds into 2.24" and 9 of those where in 1.45".

Considered throwing the Athlon 1-4×24 LPVO on it, but the mount doesn't span between the two piece rail.
I bet the one that opened up the group was the fouling shot & you maybe didn't notice the order as they hit the target. ;)

In general, our .22 Mags must be treated like our CFs, pre-cleaned before the first shot, a little break-in, and monitoring copper in the bore thence. (you knew that) We're not 'seasoning' our bores like with .22 LR and beeswax. Our pills are typically jacketed vs 'plated' (copper wash, inc Mini-Mag HPs #031)

btw, My Rem 597 will do maybe 2" groups at 60 yd with Maxi-Mag HPs. (#024) The CZ 527 will do 1 1/2" at 100. (not necessarily this year) Oh, and my 2nd favorite ammo for .22 Mag is Armscor 40g SJHP. Just sayin'.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,546  
Hey Scootr, if you're looking for a kydex iwb holster for that thing, let me recommend a really, REALLY cheap but perfectly excellent option from Amberide. $21, 2 day prime shipping: Amazon.com

Wow, it's a great holster, I'm very pleased. I will add the Dr. Scholl's heel "wedge" thing to it, since I carry appendix.

Honestly, I'm flabbergasted how other brands charge >3 times the cost, with a 4 week lead time (I'm looking at you, Vedder), for nothing more to it than what Amberide offers.
Hey Gene Thanks for the heads up.
I did grab a Bear Armz IWB holster that I like pretty good. Amazon.com
I have 3 I'm trying to sort which one I like best.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,548  
I did put the 22WMR CCI maxi-mag HPs on paper today, and it wasn't worth measuring, probably close to 3" at 100 yards, and significantly left of the Winchester. 8 out 10 where very tight, with on good 2" low left of the main group, and another 1 inch high and right of the group. Also noticed the HPs when the mag was fully loaded, didn't seem to feed as well as the SPs. Didn't bother to pick up any TMJ Maximags (I think they are plated nor really jacketed).

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,549  
You guys talking about 22 WMR are making me jealous! I really have gotten to like the rimfires over the last few years, but haven't tripped over a 22 WMR that would follow me home! With the way work is running me, I may not find a nice one any time soon!
I am having to rewire my whole home, starting with updating the panels. A very large safe was in the way and needed to be moved about 18 inches. Spent the evening catches glimpses of a football game while unloading, moving and then reloading that safe. My Bride helped me carry them out and then back into the safe. Thanks for a great Wife!
David from Jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,550  
I had to order it from Academy. I had a $150 gift card, and around $215 on a odd debut card that I have rebates and misc ebay sales tied too. I think all in, it was $379 or so. Of coarse I bought about $60 in ammo day 1, and about $70 on day two... Think pretty much everything I've found so far is about 9mm price, $15-20/50 rounds. Haven't seen any of the Vmax ammo in stores so far, but then again, I just started looking Friday evening.

I think I could have picked up the Rossi RB22M (I think that was the model) for around $190; but I really didn't think I would be happy with it after a few years, and waited a couple extra weeks to get the Savage.

I deep down kinda was wanting to find a nice 17WSM rifle, threaded, with a wood stock; but I knew 22WMR was probably the better choice for ammo availability.

Last edited: