TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,371  
I could be coming into more than a few guns. Brother died yesterday and sil said I need to go through his guns and take the ones I want. Besides, the safe he had guns all over. Sister in law was laughing cuz he tried to hide them from her.....she knew.
Condolences and pray for the family.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,373  
Appreciate the thoughts. Sis in law says i can even take the safe.

Whatever guns I don't want, my local gun dealer will put it up on consignment. He won't screw her on value.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,374  
What are everyone's thoughts on a nickel-plated shotgun? I have two options - a stainless receiver with a blue barrel or a nickel-plated receiver and barrel. I like the stainless but am not really thrilled with a blued barrel so thus the reason I am considering the plated gun.

The gun I am looking at is a Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme if anyone is familiar with it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,376  
Right now I'm considering picking up one of several different options; a 357 mag revolver, kinda medium sized (3-4" barrel), cheap; a better quality compact 9mm than my Taurus Pt1-11, cheap, a 20 or 28 ga Yildiz or Stoeger OU shotgun (although a Winchester SXP with a nice wood stock, kinda keeps calling my name, "only $300"), pretty dang affordable, and still got my eye out for what I thought I wanted, a Henry Big Boy Steel side loading gate, 357 mag, 18" barrel, Not a X model, or a Marlin 1894 357 mag in 18/20"; but those dang carbines are pricey when available, and I would probably need to sell 2 or 3 other guns to justify the lever. With that, I'll admit, I've considered exiting the 6.5 Grendel and 300 Blk calibers

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,377  
Right now I'm considering picking up one of several different options; a 357 mag revolver, kinda medium sized (3-4" barrel), cheap; a better quality compact 9mm than my Taurus Pt1-11, cheap, a 20 or 28 ga Yildiz or Stoeger OU shotgun (although a Winchester SXP with a nice wood stock, kinda keeps calling my name, "only $300"), pretty dang affordable, and still got my eye out for what I thought I wanted, a Henry Big Boy Steel side loading gate, 357 mag, 18" barrel, Not a X model, or a Marlin 1894 357 mag in 18/20"; but those dang carbines are pricey when available, and I would probably need to sell 2 or 3 other guns to justify the lever. With that, I'll admit, I've considered exiting the 6.5 Grendel and 300 Blk calibers
I try to look at what a gun will be worth many years down the road, and so far the Marlin seems to be holding it's value over some of the other lever guns. I never got into the 6.5 or 300 Blk calibers, so I would tend to agree with you, and get out while the fad is still holding.
I want a 44 lever gun that I can get a 357 barrel for, and a gunsmith willing to do the work to build a relic from the 60's, but when I look at what it will cost, I just keep looking for someone who already did that and has it up for sale!
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,378  
Bought a P365 today. Pretty excited about it.
I think you'll like it. I ended up turning mine into a P365X by buying a Wilson Combat frame with the added weights. That slightly longer grip and the weights made a huge difference in how it handles.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,379  
Been down that road. Have bought dozens of "toys" and most are gone. None of them are missed. It dawned on me one day. I was shooting a handful of guns a lot and most sat there after the new wore off. When plinking and target shooting (99% of what I do), paper did care what size the hole was punched and they all rung steel.

My advice is to figure out your "needs" not your "wants". In my case there is nothing that needs doing that cannot be done with the .223 and .308 in the CF rifles. They allow me to use the same powder. Cases are cheap and plentiful. A good .22 rifle is a must have. 12 ga shotguns for hunting and SD but in different "flavors". Our SD pistols are 9mm and I added a 9mm carbine for home defense and coyotes in the driveway. I do not hunt with pistols.

I invested the money from selling "useless" toys to stock up on four powders, 10's of thousands of primers, .22 ammunition, and bullets/molds.

I added PCP rifles and pistols when "the craziness" happened and primers were $125+/k and powder was $60+/lb. Air guns provide super cheap trigger time. Plus, I do not need to invest time picking up brass, cleaning it, sorting it, casting, lubing, and reloading. The Daystate is my most used gun. It shoots 3/4" groups at 50 yards at a cost of $15/k for Crosman 14.3 gr pellets and air. Added a moderator and I can shoot off my back porch without hearing protection. My backyard safari is shooting wasps at 25-50 yards depending how bad the wind is blowing. Lots of cheap fun and I hate wasps.

I am down to four powders to do it all. Full powder and reduced loads in the CF rifles, light to heavy pistol loads in the .357's, 9mm, target to hunting loads in the 12 ga. They are Promo (Red Dot), Unique, H4895 and Varget. I did buy 30 lbs of Clean Shot when I got a deal at $15/lb delivered...could not pass on the savings and it works in pistol and 12 ga target loads.

I still have a few "toys" that do not get a lot of use. A couple of .30/30's and a couple of 1894's in .38/.357 (in case the idiots ban ARs), two .22 pistols, and two 686's. Don't really "need" the 686"s but I hate picking up brass and one indoor range we shoot at does not allow us to police brass.

IMO the .300 BO is one of the most useless calibers foisted on the masses. You will not miss it. If you have a good CF hunting caliber, you will not miss the 6.5 Grendell either. Another gun rag over-hyped wonder caliber. Don't get me wrong, the 6.5 Grendell is great caliber if someone wants to hunt with an AR but I use bolt actions.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,380  
I think you'll like it. I ended up turning mine into a P365X by buying a Wilson Combat frame with the added weights. That slightly longer grip and the weights made a huge difference in how it handles.
Do the weights make that much of a difference? I've been toying with adding them to my WC XL frame.