TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,831  
For reference, what did old shotshell cartridges use before plastic wads? I know they used the nitro cards, over powder felts, cushions, ect, and powder cards; but was the shot itself just loose?

I know there is some kinda of mylar wrap stuff for TSS, but I haven't looked into that at all.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,835  
Re-purposed frying pan...😂

Edit: poor boy challenge tree

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230306-130409.png
    Screenshot_20230306-130409.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME
#11,837  
OP here… been away from here for a while. Good to see the thread still alive. Right now I am ‘down under’ in Australia on a business/vacation trip. Different vibe here but still a desire for freedom and protecting it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,838  
The work in progress. Scavenged what I think is aluminum bronze from a "trip saver" electronic switch for power lines I found on the side of the road. Haven't really used a lathe much at all before, and this one I got about 2 months ago, the tail stock is grossly out of alignment vertically, so I drilled pilot on drill press and bored the hole to rough size with boring bar on lathe. Will need some clearance cutting, and some light polishing on the inside, for the thickness of the paper.
20230307_192251.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,839  
So I just received an "in stock" notification from Midway on small rifle primers...$95.. and with tax, shipping, hazmat shipping it came to $135 ... NO THANKS!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,840  
So I just received an "in stock" notification from Midway on small rifle primers...$95.. and with tax, shipping, hazmat shipping it came to $135 ... NO THANKS!
Semi local reloading and gun shop today had probably 10-1000 bricks of SR, SRM, and 2 or 3 1000 bricks of SP. Prices were around $10/100. I only picked up 100 Remingron 209s for $12.40/100. They are always high. Asked about #4 or #5 lead shot, but he doesn't stock any, and he was willing to order, at $125/50 pounds.

At these prices, yes, I have been picking up 500 SR/SRMs on occasion, just building inventory; but not going to go hog wild.