TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,294  
And here I am... And I ALWAYS have an unlocked and loaded fire arm in my bedroom and a few other places around my house. Just remember an unloaded gun is nothing more than an expensive hammer! And everyone in MY "entourage", as you put it, knows where they all are and how to use them.
And I do not spend any time worrying about such things so when I'm tired its not from that.
And like s2s said above, I carry a "loaded" gun with me pretty much ALL the time anyway.. mowing the lawn, going to the store or out to eat, or out hunting.. yeah, pretty much anywhere it is legal to do so.
I am glad you trained everyone in your household on how to use it … not wishing anyone any arm or accident … but accident and unexpected events do happen and having two mitigation decrease significantly the risk of one to happen and dose not really increase your risk in the event of needing to use it, it’s not like pulling the slide takes 5 minutes … but anyhow… i do agree on its better to have it and not needing it vs needing it and not have it, i agree on open carrying or conceal and do love you guys second amendment but your risk vs mine are different that’s all i am saying if id be living in the same region id carry too, minus the round in the chamber and that my opinion vs yours and that’s ok too.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,295  
Do Glocks have an ambidextrous safety or just on the left side of the grip frame? Thinking about trying one but I want to be sure. They're OK guns aren't they? :sneaky:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,296  
Yup...
Do Glocks have an ambidextrous safety or just on the left side of the grip frame? Thinking about trying one but I want to be sure. They're OK guns aren't they? :sneaky:
Glocks don't have an external safety...figured you'd know that...
I had 2, still got one (a G17...old gun, bought it in the mid-80's)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,297  
Yes Sir, Glocks are OK. I'm staking my life on it firing when the trigger is pulled...

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,298  
My loaded 45 is on my headboard side of the bed. It's got one in the chamber. There is no manual safety, if you pull the trigger, it goes "bang". Mrs. Slim's loaded 38 special is on her headboard side of the bed. it's got all 6 chambers loaded. There is no safety, if you pull the trigger, it goes "bang". We know how to use them, but luckily we haven't had the need. Don't pull the trigger unless you really-really mean it, then you don't have to worry about the "bang" part.

We have 4 labrador retrievers (2 are 90+ pounds, 2 around 80) who's sole job would be to just wake us up. After that, I don't care if they run out and bite the guy, stand and bark, or run off and hide. Actually I would prefer they stay back out of the way so they don't get hurt because they matter way more to us than most humans, especially "unwelcome" humans. Their job is done by strictly waking us up.

I think It's been 40 years since I had to "encounter" anyone around the house at night. That was just some dumb kids messing around. They left. No problem. I would prefer it stay that way.

The rest of our guns are locked up in my old welded plate steel Cannon safe. None of them are loaded, but there are full mags sitting in there on the shelf for the AR and the M-1A's. 5.56 NATO ball ammo is useful for lots of little stuff, but 7.62 NATO ball ammo goes through a whole bunch of "things". I would prefer that they didn't have to.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,299  
No safety and in my opinion they are great guns..

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,300  
A neighbor about 1/2 mile away encountered a big black bear (broke thru a screen on an open window) in their living room during the night, and they were only able to close the bedroom door and call 911.

They had an unloaded and locked up 12ga. on the floor below (basement) the bedroom that they were unable to access, because the bear was between them and the firearm.

About 2 weeks later was a "rerun" with most likely the same bear, being smart enough to avoid the FWP's bear trap drum cage.

I might of had a little more mess in my house then they had, but I'm 100% sure I'd have me a bear skin rug.

KC