TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,011  
Broke out the .22 handguns and wife and I met up with another couple to use up some .22 ammo. S&W mod 18, High Standard Military Trophy, Colt Service Model Ace, Ruger Single 6 and a Jennings J22. Colt put all 10 rounds in the bullseye always been a great shooting gun. The real surprise was the Jennings which I haven't used in many many years it put 12 rounds in the head of a silhouette target at 20 feet.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,012  
Boy...I have an older Marlin 1894 (.38/.357) I haven't shot since moving to Vermont...paid $250 for it.....
And it probably isn't for sale at tripple what you paid for it, right?
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,013  
Sandman, I've got some .44 Mag brass if your forming dies are working. (Apologies for delayed email about ammo & the other stuff)

btw, could a TC encore be an option for the B&D? A 14" barrel vs 10" for the Contender if not? I'd expect it also to best the ballistics of a revo' enough to be considered. (Just teasin'. :coffee:)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,015  
Sandman, I've got some .44 Mag brass if your forming dies are working. (Apologies for delayed email about ammo & the other stuff)

btw, could a TC encore be an option for the B&D? A 14" barrel vs 10" for the Contender if not? I'd expect it also to best the ballistics of a revo' enough to be considered. (Just teasin'. :coffee:)
I have a complete set of dies for reloading that just reloaded 200 rounds. The B&D brass has been available so far, so I haven't had to actually neck any 44 brass down to 357. An Encore with a longer barrel would probably shoot fine, but I don't own an Encore (yet!). The 10" actually does pretty well on its own. The main reason for a revoler is probably just be able to shoot more rounds before reloading? A lever gun would be my choice first, but Roy Jackson won't sell me his!! A revolver is probably a lot cheaper to convert, and I will get to it one day.
( I didn't get an email from you yet).
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,016  
Adding to the variety of offerings:

i-j2xspg8-jpg.674383

.50 cal O/U, SS adapters for SR primers, Bushnell Trophy's illum dot doesn't work but it's a pretty nice scope o'all in see-through rings. 1:48 twist works well for round balls, Minies, and PowrBelts, not for saboted pistol pills. 110g equivalent of FFg BP sub works best for me with Rem 7 1/2s, but I also have .45 & .50 cal inlines w/1:28" twist that I barely ever shoot either. Can't keep 'em all, don't need to recover cost. No need FFL to ship.

i-tpm4trc-jpg.674382

Tape on barrels is to keep ram rod in place, that on stock denotes holdover for distance. I've tried looking this up and found nothing but SxS doubles. Recoil pad doesn't look OEM and works well.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,017  
Adding to the variety of offerings:

i-j2xspg8-jpg.674383

.50 cal O/U, SS adapters for SR primers, Bushnell Trophy's illum dot doesn't work but it's a pretty nice scope o'all in see-through rings. 1:48 twist works well for round balls, Minies, and PowrBelts, not for saboted pistol pills. 110g equivalent of FFg BP sub works best for me with Rem 7 1/2s, but I also have .45 & .50 cal inlines w/1:28" twist that I barely ever shoot either. Can't keep 'em all, don't need to recover cost. No need FFL to ship.

i-tpm4trc-jpg.674382

Tape on barrels is to keep ram rod in place, that on stock denotes holdover for distance. I've tried looking this up and found nothing but SxS doubles. Recoil pad doesn't look OEM and works well.
Nice! I don't own any black power firearms, so not very knowledgeable with them, but I have never seen an O/U in black powder.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,018  
Stopped at Academy Tuesday and they had moved the ammo from behind the counter to out in the open, and raised limits to 4 boxes pistol/rifle, and 10 boxes of shotgun. Ton of 223 and 556 ammo, a fair bit of 350 Legend, and some 6.5 Creed. They also had about 5 or 6 333rnd boxes of 22LR, and 40 SW and 9mm, including defensive ammo. As always, they had 204 Ruger, which for some reason has been pretty available through out the apocalypse. Prices where $12.99/20 for 223FMJ, $24.99/333 for 22LR. Not great, but not That bad. Think its a good sign.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,019  
They also had a fair number of 6.5 Creedmore bolt action rifles, couple 308 bolts, and some other stuff. I asked about 7.62x39 Ruger American Ranch, but they said the only RAR they've seen if last year has been 300BO.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,020  
Paulsharvey, was this in Gainesville, Fl?
Passed through Hawthorne Wed and watched a p/u make a U-turn to go to Diane's. Slick roads, too fast, and too much gas, too slick of tires and he just about did a 360. Not sure if the look on his face was surprise, or worry that I might not be able to stop before he got out of my way. I wanted to stop and grab a pork sandwich, but my Bride already had dinner on the stove.
David from jax