TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #5,471  
I found this rare sight today in a load of fill dirt hauled from my workplace to my home. I've never seen a broken firing pin, especially not one stuck in a primer 20200814_150753.jpeg20200814_150507.jpeg20200814_145259~2.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #5,472  
Thursday fired my "backup' smith & wesson 642 airweight .

I have a Taurus 85 Ultra-lite...owned and carried since the 1990's (or 80's). Nice little gun...carried is a Mikas pocket holster. That was my EDC for a couple decades...still slip it into my pocket frequently.
I also carried a Ruger LCP (1st generation) as a backup for a few years. Never really liked the LCP...one of the few Rugers (maybe the only Ruger) I didn't like. Ended up selling the LCP and replacing it with a Kahr CW380...much nicer .380, IMHO.
But, that little Taurus is still carried quite frequently!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #5,473  
I have a Taurus 85 Ultra-lite...owned and carried since the 1990's (or 80's). Nice little gun...that little Taurus is still carried quite frequently!

Yes no doubt Roy . That 85's also a good "back up" . Way back then you probably got it for peanuts also . Not sure maybe yours says made in Brazil , now a days they might say made in Miami , Fla ?

I sure like my Model 60 that I致e had for 40 years. I have the original wood S&W grips but I put a Pachmayr set on it when I bought it. Extra length without adding the little clip on the bottom. I like the shrouded hammer!

Me too I like the internal hammer also for that type of weapon .

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #5,474  
Yes no doubt Roy . That 85's also a good "back up" . Way back then you probably got it for peanuts also . Not sure maybe yours says made in Brazil , now a days they might say made in Miami , Fla ?
Yep, mine was made in Brazil.
Good little shooter...I run a cylinder or two through it (at 5 yards) a couple times a year. Plenty accurate for what is intended to be a belly gun.
Mine has an expose hammer. I had a shrouded version of the same gun (all titanium)…just didn't like it. When I draw, I cock the hammer, that's my preference

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #5,475  
Working on my 6.5 CM loads today, hope to try them out tomorrow.

IMG_3775.JPG

IMG_3774.JPG

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #5,476  
I didn't realize the RCBS powder measure had a wall-mount option.

My bench is quite cramped/crowded and I could really use a space-saver like that.

btw, Had a guest try out a new LCP II in FDE today who didn't fancy the narrow grip and her pinky unable to keep the muzzle down in recoil w/o a mag extension that should be available. It's much like my P3-AT and I suggested a Hogue Hand-All to widen the grip too. She had a good hold, (for isosceles) but the Ruger beat up the web of her hand after <half a box of PMC FMJs.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #5,477  
I didn't realize the RCBS powder measure had a wall-mount option.

My bench is quite cramped/crowded and I could really use a space-saver like that.

btw, Had a guest try out a new LCP II in FDE today who didn't fancy the narrow grip and her pinky unable to keep the muzzle down in recoil w/o a mag extension that should be available. It's much like my P3-AT and I suggested a Hogue Hand-All to widen the grip too. She had a good hold, (for isosceles) but the Ruger beat up the web of her hand after <half a box of PMC FMJs.

Wall mount option?? If you are referring to my pics, it is definitely sitting on my (overcrowded) bench.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #5,478  
Yep, and I need to reread it again. I pretty much based my method on Johnnys Reloading Bench, and I think he based his on OCW. One problem or challenge is determining what is shooter vs gun vs load vs bullet.

Have to get a good rest so you can take out the human factor as much as you can, I have several different varieties I use. I used to have a "shooting vice" that you actually clamped he gun into but do not have that anymore.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #5,479  
Have to get a good rest so you can take out the human factor as much as you can, I have several different varieties I use. I used to have a "shooting vice" that you actually clamped he gun into but do not have that anymore.
With my .223 bolt gun, I shoot with a bi pod and a improvised rear bag. With everything else, I try to rig up some sort of improvised front rest. I've actually got a set of front, rear, and "cuddle" bags on the way.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #5,480  
Ok, went out to the range today to work on my 6.5 CM and an OCW for it...

Getting my round robin target board set up

IMG_3777.JPG

IMG_3779.JPG

Couple pics from the shooting stand
IMG_3782.JPG

IMG_3783.JPG