TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,181  
Lucky is he who's friend has 4 sq ft to spare in a walk-in cooler to hang a deer, and whose customers don't look much past the beer and soda pop. :D

Messy is he who lives in AL and quarters deer to cram 'em into a seasonally exclusive old fridge with the shelves removed. (platform and shower pan liner under the appliance may appeal erelong.) Jealous is me that can't enjoy ALs months of deer season, and limits that amaze us hunters in the lakes states. (NY to WI)

We've had to walk around a few hung in the most crude shed/cave because of a cold snap a day or two in and a week spent frozen, then two-three days to thaw.

There are no guarantees. :rolleyes: I can't dress game and that's why I don't hunt for the table alone. :eek: Fishermen have it easy. ;)

Our season where I live in SC is from Sept 15 to Jan 1st!! And up until this year you could take one buck a day, all season long! SO glad they changed that!! Now I have 5 tags, 3 buck and 2 doe and I'll never fill that many!

I ran a 1600 acre deer ranch down in Texas for a number of years, when we first got there (new owner had just bought it) I rescued and old "cooler building" and had the refrigeration all redone in it. That was a nice thing to have! It was like 6x12 I think.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,182  
Finally got the stuff (well right stuff lol)and mounted the scope. Just sited it in and waiting for son to get home from school for him to shoot it.
View attachment 628781View attachment 628782View attachment 628783

Well my boy got it done this weekend with the new 6.5,perfect shot at 100yrds.
C17EC2E4-466D-4E2F-9480-2CC03C995EC2.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,183  
Good one, good for him.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,184  
Tonight I was going to reload 223 simple right?. I go look for the holder for it CANT FIND IT! So now tomorrow I have to call Lee to send me a 223 shell holder at least they send it free just pay posgage so I have to wait till Friday to start reloading!!.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,185  
Well my boy got it done this weekend with the new 6.5,perfect shot at 100yrds.
View attachment 629164

Big congrats to him ! :thumbsup:
Well they say the fruit dont fall far from the tree dont they ? :D Now dont you go on now and switching your fancy Vortex and putting that Athlon on your rifle , you just might learn its not the scope ! :laughing: Crystal clear pic btw . What did you use to take that pic ? What power model etc is that Athlon ?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,186  
Big congrats to him ! :thumbsup:
Well they say the fruit dont fall far from the tree dont they ? :D Now dont you go on now and switching your fancy Vortex and putting that Athlon on your rifle , you just might learn its not the scope ! :laughing: Crystal clear pic btw . What did you use to take that pic ? What power model etc is that Athlon ?

Thanks Bullbreaker and Lol you know that’s right. Both our scopes are 6x24-50 not a huge difference between them that I can notice yet.For the money that Athlon hard to beat,it was little chore getting that big of scope mounted so that it wasn’t to high but clear the bolt. I took the pic with my iPhone 5.
https://www.amazon.com/Athlon-Optics-Riflescope-Illuminated-Reticle/dp/B0157N4640

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,187  
Good one, good for him.
Thanks Lou was his first Doe,took his first Buck last year, we are still trying too get him another but last weekend to shoot doe had get some meat in freezer.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,188  
Had ordered a ruger no 1 varminteer rifle 243 win from "B"s . Picked it up yesterday from the FFL folks . I have never received a rifle better packed in box , padded foam etc . This is comeing from a guy that has a 1874 Sharps Pedersoli and a 1885 Highwall .

Also too my surprise rifle came with scope rail mount brackets already mounted and quality scope rings . 30mm. Wanted a smaller calibur from my other hunting rifles (7 mm wsm/ 270 wsm / 45-70 etc) .

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,189  
Anyone ever get peanutbutter from dollar store and a spatula and smear it on your trees 3 to 4 feet off the ground to view deer ? Make sure you get a giant can .........................:)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,190  
Anyone ever get peanutbutter from dollar store and a spatula and smear it on your trees 3 to 4 feet off the ground to view deer ? Make sure you get a giant can .........................:)

I used to screw the lid to a tree and cut the bottom out of the jar and screw it into the lid, they would walk up and lick it out. Raccoons also love it.

An older gentleman I used to hunt with did this and told us he went back to check it and there was a note on the tree that said "bring crunchy next time" :laughing: