TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,321  
There was a chart put together years ago, that showed the down range danger cone for various size pellets, with of coarse #9 being the smallest danger zone. My guess is that many clubs size there safe area, down range, based on #7.5; so shooting say, #4s at Skeet could extend outside there range. Something like 00, would be nuts...

It was either the NRA, or CMP that put this chart together, and my understanding is, is that it is/was used to design shotgun ranges.

Off the top of my head, (definitely don't trust this number), I think the danger zone for #9 through #7.5, was 500 yards down range. Note: not danger zone as in deadly, but shot fall zone.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,324  
Was sighting in the scope on the AR at the indoor range.

Final target @ 50 yards before my hour was up:

PXL_20221104_220930424.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,326  
The resale store around the corner was a Suzuki dealer and LGS in the '70s and '80s. They had an indoor range in the basement but I wasn't into shooting when they were still open. I imagine it was only a lane or two but have no idea.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,327  
Wow!
You have access to a 50 yard indoor range, that has to be cool!
David from jax
Yessir, it's a nice nearby range, and 50 yards is good for dialing in a scope. I prefer an outdoor range I go to sometimes, although its a bit of a haul out to WI. But there it's awesome, 300 yards! Even if I don't have the optics for that far out, nice to have that option. But then there's also a plinking range with steels, clays, trap...could shoot all day doing all of that, for nearly same price as an hour at that range by my house.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,329  
Yessir, it's a nice nearby range, and 50 yards is good for dialing in a scope. I prefer an outdoor range I go to sometimes, although its a bit of a haul out to WI. But there it's awesome, 300 yards! Even if I don't have the optics for that far out, nice to have that option. But then there's also a plinking range with steels, clays, trap...could shoot all day doing all of that, for nearly same price as an hour at that range by my house.
That is amazing for an indoor range! Most of the ones around here are 50 feet at the most!
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,330  
I can only guess that most clubs would not allow tannerite as well for informal use.

Tannerite is the encore at the end of the day LOL
ALWAYS!!