to or with your rk

/ to or with your rk #1  

RK55guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
2018 RK55
ok rk guys, what did you do to or with your rk today. i have seen mine in 5 days and i miss it. it lives about 45 mins from me. lets hear it.

/ to or with your rk #2  
Well, since you asked...I’m new to this with an RK24 with QA FEL, brush hog, backhoe with mechanical thumb, and a grapple on order. I bought it to maintain a 5ac parcel where we are building a garage to house the toys. Fortunately, we just 10 min away.

I was at the property today with my wife-approved ‘hoe to start trenching 500’ for power and water. The high voltage power requires a 4’ deep trench and me and the ‘hoe went at it today.

IMHO, the RK24 punches above her weight! I’m new, and very slow, at the controls but got about 40’ done in about 3 hours. The ground is a mixture of clay and sand with a lot of river slicks in it. Of course, I had to pick a path along the tree line so there are copious amounts of roots to deal with as well. So I wasn’t too embarrassed about my pace.
Yesterday I wanted to move some wood around from trees we had to have cut down. I used the ‘hoe with the mechanical thumb and it ‘almost’ has me thinking I don’t need the grapple. I was moving good size pieces with ease! It’s no RK55, but the RK24 can pack a punch.

I’m thrilled with my little purchase and thank Outdoors with the Morgan’s for all the handy videos that I researched before buying.

/ to or with your rk #3  
Mine has been a tree hauler it’s first 3 uses. Hopefully she will do some digging, next.

/ to or with your rk #4  
Well, since you asked...I’m new to this with an RK24 with QA FEL, brush hog, backhoe with mechanical thumb, and a grapple on order. I bought it to maintain a 5ac parcel where we are building a garage to house the toys. Fortunately, we just 10 min away.

I was at the property today with my wife-approved ‘hoe to start trenching 500’ for power and water. The high voltage power requires a 4’ deep trench and me and the ‘hoe went at it today.

IMHO, the RK24 punches above her weight! I’m new, and very slow, at the controls but got about 40’ done in about 3 hours. The ground is a mixture of clay and sand with a lot of river slicks in it. Of course, I had to pick a path along the tree line so there are copious amounts of roots to deal with as well. So I wasn’t too embarrassed about my pace.
Yesterday I wanted to move some wood around from trees we had to have cut down. I used the ‘hoe with the mechanical thumb and it ‘almost’ has me thinking I don’t need the grapple. I was moving good size pieces with ease! It’s no RK55, but the RK24 can pack a punch.

I’m thrilled with my little purchase and thank Outdoors with the Morgan’s for all the handy videos that I researched before buying.

For all those folks who say you don't need a hoe.....
I say:.... there ain't nothin like a hoe!
I have had mine for 30+ years, and will never sell it!