tn75a wont shut off

/ tn75a wont shut off #11  
I'd just like to know how this turned out. So many threads just tail off into nothingness!

/ tn75a wont shut off
I'd just like to know how this turned out. So many threads just tail off into nothingness!

Just to update I'm still working on the tractor it's in our shop so I will see if I have time to mess with it Monday I will let you know if I find anything out . One thing I know is if I disable the charging system it will shut off every time I turn key off so it's charging voltage related

/ tn75a wont shut off #13  
Just to update I'm still working on the tractor it's in our shop so I will see if I have time to mess with it Monday I will let you know if I find anything out . One thing I know is if I disable the charging system it will shut off every time I turn key off so it's charging voltage related
My td80d has an external diode it's hooked to the positive at the alternator and grounded on the alternator. The book says it's over voltage protection.
Also if one of the diodes in the rectifier is bad your alternator could be putting out too much AC voltage and still charging the battery.
Good luck.

/ tn75a wont shut off
Yes I already tried a brand new alternator from my new holland dealer

/ tn75a wont shut off #17  
Yes but new alternator came with a brand new diode .
I'm surprised someone hasn't chimed in with a fix. You might try posting in the todays tractor section over at yesterdaystracrors.com lots of knowledge there.

/ tn75a wont shut off #18  
with the tractor running if you pulled the fuel solenoid wire terminal off the fuel solenoid shouldnt that kill the engine?

It should but if I am correct about the solenoid having two coils, there should be two wires.

/ tn75a wont shut off
Yeah only one wire to solenoid if you unplug tractor shuts off instantly. I didn't have a chance to work on it today too many other jobs in shop this is a fill in . I have a few ideas I will respond when I finish my next bank of testing thank you for everyone's ideas . I'm always open to ideas

/ tn75a wont shut off #20  
I think at this point your chasing some bad insulation on some wiring somewhere. Probably gonna take a while to actually find it. I've seen corroded connections in relay sockets also.