TN series with lift o matic

/ TN series with lift o matic #1  

threeman

Silver Member
How do you adjust the lift so that the lift will go down faster? This is the only thing I do not like about the TN series. I have a new 75. Other than that I really like it.

/ TN series with lift o matic #2  
Tighten the LOM cable one full turn to be sure it is in adjustment. Do this with the tractor SHUT OFF. If that doesn't help, there is a drop rate adjustment on the hitch valve. The op manual has details on that.

/ TN series with lift o matic #3  
3man -

Congratulations on the new TN75. Post some pics when you have a chance.

/ TN series with lift o matic
I have looked thoroughly (not say I havent missed it) through the manual and have not found the procedure. The service tech says its backed all the way out. Is that correct?

/ TN series with lift o matic #5  
Rick B knows his stuff for sure.

I will look in my owners manual, as well as, service manuals tonight and see if there are any pics and/or addl. information available. If so, I will gladly scan and email you tomorrow.

Sometimes those manuals hide things from me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TN series with lift o matic #6  
The drop rate screw backed out will give the fastest drop rate. 2.5 seconds is the max designed drop rate, full up to full down. There is a bulletin about a new drop rate spool at S/N 126XXXX and the possibility of a retrofit on older tractors. At owner's expense. Try shortening the lift-o-matic cable if you haven't.

/ TN series with lift o matic #7  
Found this on NH's service website maybe it will help. Looks like though it would be at your expense.

- North America: Publication Number 86580897 11/98, Section 4 - High Pressure Hydraulic System, Page 4-32 *

Lift arm descent speed is controlled by a regulator valve and an adjustment set screw located in the hydraulic lift control valve. The standard regulator valve (part number 5170592), used in the TN, TNF and TNS/TND is orificed to provide a drop rate within 2.5 seconds. Optional regulator valves will increase the drop speed. With each regulator valve the speed can be adjusted slightly using the adjustment set screw.

1. Follow the procedure for adjusting the 'Lift Arm Descent Speed' as detailed in the repair manual (*).

2. Regulator valve (part number 5170592), provides the slowest drop rate and is installed as standard in all TN series tractors.

3. To increase the drop rate install regulator valve (part number 5178017) as used in the TL Series tractors, in place of the standard valve.

4. If a further increase in drop rate is desired install regulator valve (part number 5163620).

5. The fastest drop rate may be achieved by removing the regulator valve and spring (part number 5155844). This option should be limited to light loads as limited drop restriction is applied.

6. If the drop rate does not increase, the Lift O Matic (LOM) cable may not be adjusted properly. To verify, push or pull the cam arm on the right hand rear of the transmission housing while the arms are dropping (making sure to stay clear of the falling arms). If it speeds up (one way or the other) appropriately adjust the nut on the end of the LOM cable.